cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Mobile drew DD for a second number I was unaware of

Plusnet Mobile drew DD for a second number I was unaware of

I switched mobile provider in December and today received a bill from my previous provider PlusNet. After inquiries it turns out a second account was opened with my details two months after I opened the PlusNet account in 2016, and I have been charged at least £6 a month by direct debit for it ever since. There was only ever one direct debit set up for Plusnet, but both payments were taken from it! After going through my emails it does appear I have been receiving two almost identical emails every month, only the number is different - I thought the other email was a reminder, why would I check the bills were for two different numbers? There was never any mention of this second number when I log into my Plusnet account on the website, so I have been completely unaware of it for four years.

Plusnet have so far suggested it's my fault, I must have opened two accounts, and offered me an arbitrary £31. Basically, their first response was to blame me and offer a paltry compensation to get rid of me. I have not opened two accounts, why would I?, I have not used it, I was never aware of this second account. 

Crossposted to LegalBeagles, Consumer Action Group, and Money Saving Forum.

4 REPLIES 4
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 59

Re: Plusnet Mobile drew DD for a second number I was unaware of

Hi @Pphone1, thanks for getting in touch.

I am really sorry to hear about this, so that we can take a look into this further for you can you please send over a private message with the following details:

- The mobile number in question (as on the email)

- Your full name and confirmation this is the name on the account

- Full address including postcode

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team

funnyfinger.jpg

Plusnet mobile will not refund four years line rental for a second number I knew nothing about. Customer services said it was not fraud, discounting every other reason for the error, and tried to fob me off. This is going to be a long struggle. I'm a political campaign manager so I'm documenting this saga the only way I know how, through the medium of internet marketing. This is one of a series of memes I am creating. Hope you like it.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 163

I would guess that this is complicated by the fact that 4 yrs ago , Plusnet mobile didnt exist!

In Nov 2016 Plusnet took over Life mobile https://www.plus.net/mobile/life-customers and formed Plusnet mobile

@Pphone1  did you have dealings with Life mobile ?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 59

Hi @Pphone1, I have explained the reasoning for the outcome over our PM conversation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team