Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Costs

rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Fibre Costs

Although my exchange is not yet geared up for fibre & wont be until 2012, I was intrigued to read the following in the FAQ:
"Plusnet Fibre costs from £10 extra per month for existing Plusnet Value or Extra customers. (If you're on an older product you'll need to switch to Plusnet Value or Extra, before upgrading to fibre broadband). New customers can get Plusnet Fibre from £16.49 per month."
Do I understand this correctly that as an existing customer of  7 years I will have to pay £21.49 (im currently on Plusnet extra) when new customers would get the same package for just £16.49?
Rich
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Plusnet Fibre Costs

Quote from: rja66
Do I understand this correctly that as an existing customer of  7 years I will have to pay £21.49 (im currently on Plusnet extra) when new customers would get the same package for just £16.49?

It's not the same package. Your package for £21.49 per month would be Plusnet Extra Fibre with 120GB bandwidth allowance*. The Plusnet Fibre product mentioned for new customers is Plusnet Value Fibre with 40GB bandwidth* (all prices for low cost areas). If you change to Plusnet Value at £6.49 per month you can also have Plusnet Value Fibre with 40GB bandwidth for £16.49 per month.
* Bandwidth is not the only difference between the products; see the product descriptions for full details.
David
mxs
Grafter

Sounds like new customers would pay exactly the same to be on the same product - new customer prices are from 16.49ukp which would be plusnet value (6.49ukp) + 10ukp additional for fibre.   Plusnet extra + fibre for new customers would be the same as you calculated at 21.49ukp I assume unless I am missing something? Wink
According to the FAQ existing customers also save 25ukp on the installation cost if they are a broadband only customer (free in both cases if customer takes phone and broadband).
lexusuk
Grafter

@ rja66
You currently live in a market 3 area.  This means currently your monthly charges for Plusnet Extra is £11.49.  To upgrade to Plusnet Extra Fibre you would pay and additional £10 per month bringing your monthly charges to £21.49.  Bear in mind you would also see your monthly peak time usage double to 120GB per month.