cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

TheBoston

Re: Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

@cooldude50 wrote:

Sounds like you have already appealed against Plusnet decline via Quidco, also put a complaint in to Plusnet re cashback misselling and also cite Misrepresentation Act 1967

"The Misrepresentation Act exists to protect consumers from false or fraudulent claims that induce you into buying something or entering into a contract"

I can supply you with Questions of complaint to put to Plusnet that I put to Plusnet via CISAS and remain unanswered as our complaints appears to be similar.

Point out to Plusnet that you went through Quidco to get Quidco Cashback not via Quidco to be awarded a lower Plusnet cashback offer

After exhausting both of the above next stage would be to escalate complaint to CISAS, I would be happy to supply material to help you with this.

Complaints are best made with use of questions of complaint as organisations cannot answer statements, the idea is to ask as many questions as possible so that the organisation either gives in and pays out or if stalemate continues to exist complaint can be further escalated on the basis that remain dissatisfied both at lack of remedy to complain and not all the questions of complaint were answered.

Just out of interest did you remove anytime calls package from sale, Quidco link at the time stated "ADSL Sales" which meant all "ADSl Sales"

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Quidco-Cashback-Declined-Whilst-Waiting-For-Service...

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Plusnet-Cashback-DECLINED-ADSL-Quidco/m-p/1347068#M...

Please could you PM me your questions to the CISAS? In an identical situation and Plusnet are not playing ball...

cooldude50
Rising Star

I have had a few enquiries, I thought best to post the whole of my submission that I put to CISAS on MSE so as to hopefully help others now as well as in the future - will be for others to take out/add to as per relevance to their own case.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=71186460&postcount=3075

The important thing is to complain about "cashback misselling" and use the evidence of people not getting paid as per reviews, point out that you went to Plusnet site, ordered Plusnet services via Quidco for Plusnet Cashback that was advertised/promoted via Quidco not to be redirected to a lower paying cashback offer on Plusnet site.

Plusnet intend for only one cashback to be paid thus shouldnt run two cashback offers at the same time one via Quidco and other on landing page that Quidco linked to.

jfraser
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

For completion of this thread, I have received the following from Plusnet after raising a complaint through CISAS:

- an apology from Plusnet

- the 50.00 cashback cheque from Plusnet (claimed and banked after Plusnet rejected the 110.00 cashback offer from Quidco)

- a settlement of 110.00 (paid directly into my bank account) from Plusnet to match the original rejected Quidco cashback offer 

(Total: 160.00)

Clean slate.  Let's begin to rebuild my confidence in Plusnet standards moving forward.  9 months left of my current contract, so I hope there aren't any other hiccups between now and contract renewal time.

Special shout out to @cooldude50 who pointed me in the direction of CISAS when I started this thread.  Without that tip or his encouragement, I wouldn't have known how or to whom I should escalate this complaint beyond Plusnet, and therefore I wouldn't have received the Quidco cashback value (110.00) to which I was entitled.  

Thanks, friend.  I owe you one.

Moral of the story:  don't be afraid to proceed with some sort of official complaint through an adjudicator (CISAS in this instance) if you feel you have a legitimate claim for compensation which is repeatedly being ignored/rejected by the company providing the service though their own complaint procedures.

Neither @cooldude50 nor I ever intended to scam Plusnet.  We simply felt that the cashback offer(s) had been misrepresented, our protests being dismissed on this forum, and all we wanted was for the Quidco claim to be approved in the first place (something we were assured couldn't be done...).

JF

ramissin
Grafter

Nice work Mr Fraser, your tenacity is to be admired, clearly the advice given in these forums was erroneous and a more direct route is advisable.

tookoffer
Dabbler

Thank you for the steer to CISAS. I have been battling Plusnet trying to get my £50 cashback for months now.. despite agreeing the claim is validated. Marketing dep't appears slow (or never?) to respond to those more helpful Plusnet reps on the front line.

Just learned that the public thread of the complaint history has been closed (without resolution) due to 2 weeks inactivity! Argh!!!

I feel my time lost on this is far in excess of the value of the cashback, but us British are a determined lot!

Plusnet strategy appears to be to transfer public forum complaints to private threads to avoid the adverse publicity.

I will file a complaint via CISAS and also email the Times as clearly the strategy is to minimise the %age of successful payments by making tens of hoops that only the very tenacious achieve. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @tookoffer while I appreciate your frustrations with the delays in receiving your cheque, I would advise that your situation is not quite the same as jfraser's.

I see we previously escalated this matter to get your cheque sent out to you and we were advised 14 days ago today that the cheque would arrive within 14 days. I appreciate that you've said on the ticket on your account (That is still open and I have responded to) the cheque has still not arrived. I do apologise for the continued delays with the cheque.

I have escalated this matter again for you and I will provide an update as soon as I can via the ticket on your account.

Thanks for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
georgina1

Well, quidco have finally emailed me to say plusnet have rejected my claim for £110.  I have just had a very unsatisfactory webchat with a plusnet person to be told it is my fault as I should have rung them when they added a £50 deal to my order.   It ended by them cutting me off, not very professional.

@HarryB, do I raise this as a formal complaint with you or is there another department I raise it with.  I am very unhappy at being mislead like this.

Thanks

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Formal complaint procedure https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
tookoffer
Dabbler

Tips: be sure to raise a ticket. Phone conversations can be easily/ conveniently "lost". Cut/paste to copy the ticket case, in case the ticket mysteriously disappears. Be aware they are closed after two weeks of inaction even if not resolved!

ramissin
Grafter

CICAS, your wasting your time with anything else, chaff, flare and stalling tactics are all you will receive here.

georgina1

Thanks for the link.  I have sent off a ticket / complaint to them so I will see what they come back with now before I raise with CICAS.

jfraser
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

When you start a complaint with Plusnet, be sure to ask for either the cashback to which you're entitled immediately, or a deadlock code so that you can proceed with filing a claim through CISAS.

CISAS will ask you for your deadlock code from Plusnet.

cooldude50
Rising Star

georgina1  - At the time that you clicked through from Quidco to Plusnet, Plusnet were offering 110.00 cashback via Quidco specifically for "ADSL Sales" this clearly covers all Broadband orders/sales/contracts  thus whether someone removed "anytime calls" package and/or changed "anytime calls" package which Plusnet bundled into Quidco link for something else is irrelevant

Just in case you havent seen it this was what I put to Plusnet via CISAS - Your transaction was inbetween my/Jfrasier transactions

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&page=154#3075

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&page=152#3038

hitesh
Hooked

Hi,

Sorry for asking but how do I complaint to  CICAS. my raised quidco also declined last week.

can you help me the process.

Thankss

cooldude50
Rising Star

First of all complain to Plusnet if you havent already done so

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Complaint should be about cashback mis-selling, that Plusnet offered 110.00 cashback incentive via Quidco and this was reason you took out Plusnet services with 12 month ( or 18 month if contract is 18 Months) contract, point out that you went through Quidco for Quidco cashback not to be redirected to a lower paying Plusnet on site cashback offer.

Point out that

At the time that you clicked through from Quidco to Plusnet, Plusnet were offering 110.00 cashback via Quidco specifically for "ADSL Sales" this clearly covers all Broadband orders/sales/contracts  thus whether you removed "anytime calls" package and/or changed "anytime calls" package which Plusnet bundled into Quidco link for something else is irrelevant to Quidco/Plusnet 110.00 cashback offer.

Cite/refer to - Misrepresentation Act 1967

"The Misrepresentation Act exists to protect consumers from false or fraudulent claims that induce you into buying something or entering into a contract"

If Plusnet dont offer to pay you 110.00  to make up for your Quidco transaction that was declined they will write you a final letter giving you a deadlock code

Next step would be to complain to CISAS, you can use all/some of what I put to Plusnet via CISAS as the Issue is seemingly identical and our transactions were done within days of each other

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&page=154#3075

CISAS is evidence based process, therefore use all the examples that I cited of Quidco members having Plusnet cashback rejected as evidence of Plusnet cashback misselling.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3282000&page=152#3038

If you look on Quidco/Plusnet review - 1, 2 and 3 star you will be able to give more recent examples of Quidco members having tracked Plusnet cashback rejected to further evidence your complaint of cashback misselling by Plusnet

http://www.quidco.com/plusnet/?st=plusnet&tr=2625&fn=home&fr=top&si=57ce9bc02b53d&sv=4-MS