Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

jfraser
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

Hello,

I recently signed up to Plusnet using Quidco, but within days of receiving my confirmation letter in the post confirming my new account and imminent arrival of the router, my Quidco Cashback was declined by Plusnet.

I indent to cancel this within the 14 day cancellation period unless this erroneous cashback decline is corrected.

Please let me know the details you require and investigate on my behalf.  Many thanks.

80 REPLIES 80
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet Cashback DECLINED (ADSL) Quidco

If you want to private message me with your account username I'll get this looked at. This normally happens if you elect to take a different offer with us than the one advertised by Quidco, or try to select our own cashback offer.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jfraser
Rising Star

Hi,

Thanks for the response.  My username is ******** (pm sent).

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Kind regards.

Chris
Legend

I'm afraid looking at your account, it does appear that you selected one of our cashback offers during the signup process, this does stop the Quidco offer being approved as per their T&Cs.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jfraser
Rising Star

I'm not sure how that happened.  I clicked the link on Quidco for the 12 month ADSL home deal, to which I have now subscribed.  I'm not interested in any other cashback deal than the one I used on Quidco at the start of the process.

Can you please rectify this by removing any of your cashback deals and contacting Quidco to reinstate their cashback offer?  This is the only way I am happy to proceed with my Plusnet contract, which I would like to do rather than stay with my current provider (which I WILL do if my original cashback deal isn't amended).

Thanks for your continued assistance.

jfraser
Rising Star

Quick Update:

I received an email from Plusnet saying this 'Problem has been solved'.  This is an error, right?  You're looking into amending the cashback offer with Quidco and proceeding with my sign-up?

This is a great opportunity to showcase your Customer Support efforts for any and all members of this community.  So far, your replies have been timely, so we're off to a good start.  Please don't drop the ball and ignore my genuine query surrounding my pending contract with you.

Many thanks.

Chris
Legend

I'm afraid that as you've signed up for our cashback offer, this stops the Quidco cashback and starts an automated process to get the redemption email etc sent out to you. As we've already declined the Quidco cashback I'm afraid we wouldn't be in a position to reverse this.

jfraser
Rising Star

Thanks for the response, even if it is most disappointing.

New customers are enticed to switch over to Plusnet with a great cashback offer, only to be duped by the small print on your website into signing up for a lower value cashback offer.

I have opened up a claim dispute with Quidco, so I'm sure if you contacted them directly with the details of this transaction, your two organisations would work together to cancel your (Plusnet's) offer and reinstate your partner's (Quidco) original offer to which I believed I was accepting.

This resolution is only a 5-minute phone call away on your end to Quidco (who have indicated that they're happy for a resolution to occur between you and them), and in return, you'll acquire a loyal customer for years.  Seems like minimal effort on your part for a great start to a business relationship between us, doesn't it? 

Patiently awaiting your response.  

p.s.  I am happy to pm you the Quidco Transaction ID if it'll help speed things along, but I'm sure you have all the details of the sale in your database already.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately it's not that simple.

Chris has already given the appropriate answer:

Chris wrote:

I'm afraid that as you've signed up for our cashback offer, this stops the Quidco cashback and starts an automated process to get the redemption email etc sent out to you. As we've already declined the Quidco cashback I'm afraid we wouldn't be in a position to reverse this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jfraser
Rising Star

Fair enough.  I feel like I've dodged a bullet and my only expense will be to return the unopened router when it arrives, so I'm satisfied in that respect.

Kind regards.

jfraser
Rising Star

Note to Quidco members:

Be aware of Plusnet's deviousness when signing up for a cashback offer.  Quidco offers much better rates of cashback, but when you're redirected to Plusnet for the purchase, Plusnet adds their own lower-value cashback to the deal, therefore negating the Quidco cashback (both can't be claimed, only one).

When you ask them to remove their cashback offer after being informed the Quidco offer has been rejected in favor of their (Plusnet's) own lower cashback amount, they tell you this part in the process 'cannot be reversed' as if this functionality was somehow omitted from the source code of the software when it was developed.

No, what they mean to say is that they WON'T amend the error, no matter how simple.  Extremely poor service indeed.

BE FULLY AWARE - Plusnet tries to scam you into a good deal from Quidco, only to slap their worse deal into the package through the back door.

No attempt made by Plusnet to correct this, therefore I'm cancelling my subscription before it has even been activated and going with Virgin (check Quidco for cashback deals).

Thanks for reading. 

jfraser
Rising Star

Don't take my word for it though, test it yourselves.

Go to Quidco, look for a Plusnet cashback offer and note the value on Quidco.  Follow the link on the Quidco website and you'll automatically be redirected to the Plusnet website, but with Plusnet's lower cashback value attached to the deal.

So sketchy. 

cooldude50
Rising Star

Yes everything you say is correct, Quidco member logs into Quidco, clicks through to Plusnet, landing page has Plusnet 50.00 offer without having put in  a voucher code or anything like that, no opportunity to reject the 50.00 cashback offer, in fact after reading your posts I looked at recent Quidco - Plusnet reviews and some members have received both Quidco Cashback and Plusnet on site 50.00 Cashback --Quidco Talk Talk reviews some have recieved both Quidco Cashback and Talk Talk voucher incentive.,,, so the reason they given for rejecting your cashback was on face of it as a minimum not treating all new Plusnet Customers fairly/the same.

jfraser
Rising Star

Fortunately, there are several other broadband providers out there to choose from.

I work for a large multi-national (125,000 employees globally).  When this sort of thing happens, employees usually send out a company-wide email warning their colleagues of the poor service some organisations offer.  Those organisations then lose the potential for thousands of new customers.

Plusnet could have held their hands up and agreed that the sign-up and cashback process is confusing, and amended it.  Instead, I'm told "I've been given the answer" and that's the end of it.  They must have previously received complaints about this cashback process through Quidco and are aware of the issue.  They simply seem unwilling to take the necessary steps to correct it.

Quite poor.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@jfraser wrote:
Instead, I'm told "I've been given the answer" and that's the end of it.

The response I got from our Marketing team when I queried this on Friday was that you would have had to change the offer that the landing page takes you to, to include the Plusnet cashback and in turn, void the quidco cashback.

I sent off another email earlier this morning asking that they double check this, however I wouldn't expect a response today with it being a bank holiday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet