Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Billing Scam?

jim13
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet Billing Scam?

Received this yesterday, Plusnet logo at the top, Plusnet address after message.What's going on?

Hello James

We know it's been a while since you've had a bill from us, and we wanted to let you know that we're working on resolving this.

There are some system issues which have meant we're unable to send your bill – we're working hard on getting them fixed and hope that this will be within the next month. We'll be in touch with you if it will be longer.

In the meantime we want to reassure you that when you receive your bill, it will only contain backdated charges for a maximum of your last three months of service and usage – if it is longer than three months since your last bill then please be reassured you won't be charged for the full period.

There is a possibility that when we release your bill, it will coincide with your normal billing date. Because you pay for each month in advance, your bill may contain three months' worth of backdated charges, plus the fee for your upcoming month. As a reminder, your normal bill date is the 21st of each month.

We're sorry for the time it's taking to fix this issue, we know it's not the service you expect from Plusnet but we're working hard to put things right. There's nothing you need to do, and your broadband and associated services will continue as normal. If you do have any questions at all please get in touch on 0800 432 0200.

Best wishes,

Team Plusnet

11 REPLIES 11
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Plusnet Billing Scam?

@jim13 

What's going on is that Plusnet's billing system is currently in meltdown for some customers. This email is genuine so enjoy your free service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There’s a lot of information in the email but it seems to be genuine to me. Is it not the case that it’s some time since Plusnet sent you a bill?
David
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Everything Else to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
nitrams69
Grafter

I have had the same email which i take as genuine. I haven't had a bill since december i just hope the bill has no charges for TV which was cancelled in november and set this issue off i believe.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @nitrams69 @spraxyt

Thanks for your comments and I just wanted to confirm that this is a valid communication from Plusnet.

A small percentage of our customers have been experiencing issues with their accounts from the new billing system that we introduced at the end of last year. We’ve worked hard to fix the issues and during this time we haven’t billed these customers.

We are now contacting these customers to let them know we will be restarting their bills. We want to reassure you that your first bill from us will only contain backdated charges for a maximum of the last three months, and any charges for periods longer than this have been written-off free of charge.

It is worth mentioning that if you left Plusnet last year, this invoice may be just a statement of your account with us.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience we have caused. If you have any further questions please feel free to get back in touch once your invoice arrives and we will be happy to help.

jamesanstee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I've received the same email regarding the billing issue although my monthly bill goes out as normal on the 5th and have not received this months bill . Only issue i had with the billing system was when it came to failed billing i don't get the usual splash screen message to continue browsing .

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @jamesanstee

Thanks for highlighting this - I've created a ticket with further information and taken ownership of this for you here.

Best wishes

Dave

BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Finally after many requests l received the same email from PN .

lt has taken PN a very long time to finally come clean and explain about their billing problems by email and what they are doing to correct it.

l just hope they do as they have said and we all can get back to normal.

Hope these are not hollow promises.

tiffy
Rising Star

Also received this notification on 03/09, never had any doubts that it was genuine as I have suffer from the  "stuck billing" issue since April this year.

Received a billing notification the next day, 04/09, advising that 3 months charges would be taken this month, in my case 4 months charges would have been due, the quoted total was to expectation, happy with that, maximum of 3 months arrears charged as per PN's promise.
As I pay line rental in advance I don't have an issue with paying 3 months charges in one transaction, could however be an issue with others, I understand that provisions can be made to spread the cost if necessary.

Hopefully the billing issue has finally been resolved and the effected customers can return to their normal monthly bill format without the worry of a large bill on the horizon.

However, in my case I still have an issue with incorrectly displayed contract dates, this has existed since last November when I re-negotiated a new 1 year contract, the many attempts by staff to correct this issue resulted in my billing system becoming "stuck" in April, the error is very obvious as the contract start date has always and still does display 28/12/19 !

I still have an open ticket on this issue so hopefully will eventually be resolved, I do have an assurance in writing confirming my correct contract dates, lets hope I don't have occasion to test this.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for getting in touch @tiffy.

As you've advised yourself, we do have an open support ticket on the account to monitor being able to amend your contract date to the correct one. While we've not been able to make any changes currently it is in hand and being closely monitored. Clear notes have been left on the account to reflect the correct date so you should face no issues nearer to the expiration of the contract.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
tiffy
Rising Star

@abails0105 

Many thanks for your input, I will continue to monitor the open ticket, hopefully will get a resolution before my contract end date in December and be in a position to re-negotiate a new contract with PN as I currently have no wish to leave despite the recent billing issues.
Good to know that staff members are actively monitoring and responding to forum posts.

@jim13 

Apologies, it was not my intention to hijack your post with my issues just though that my experience with respect to the recent PN notification letter and subsequent re-instatement of billing may be relevant.