Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Billing Incompetence Is Beyond A Joke - Stop Making My Life Hell

molerat
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Plusnet Billing Incompetence Is Beyond A Joke - Stop Making My Life Hell

To try and sort out my account a new account was opened and the old one closed down by the team.  I have now received a bill for early termination charges for the old account.  That account was is already in credit due to a mess up on the previous bill and taking a DD amount in excess of the bill. I have cancelled the DD for this account to stop them clearing my bank account. You couldn't make this incompetence up !  Furthermore no one is replying to my long open ticket trying to sort this out apart from the odd "Internal" message passing the buck between different departments.  Come on, sort yourselves out and stop making my life a misery.

23 REPLIES 23
dragon-68
Dabbler

Re: Plusnet Billing Incompetence Is Beyond A Joke - Stop Making My Life Hell

i am with you in this one - they have been hounding my elderly, vulnerable parents for an overdue amount that is only there because of plusnets billing incompetence and ineptness.  threatening them with 3rd party DCA  action.

deplorable and despicable behaviour - but lets not forget they "DO YOU PROUD"

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @dragon-68

I am sorry to hear this. I have checked the account and can see that my colleague has responded to you on a different post.

@molerat

I am sorry to see that this has happened. I have responded to you via a ticket here

Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this.

molerat
Rising Star

One small part of the billing mess my 2 accounts are in.  I stopped the direct debit for that account at the bank as soon as I received the bill e-mail.  Still doesn't sort out the other problems that seem to be on an ignore and hope it goes away list.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @molerat I'm sorry if the response provided does not address all of the issues you are experiencing.

Please can you respond to the ticket with more information on the other problems associated with your accounts so that we can ensure this is also investigated.

Kind regards,

molerat
Rising Star

There is already an open ticket on my other account.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the heads up @molerat

From what I can see your support ticket 184669579 is in hand with our billing ops team. As it was only raised to them late last night, I'd expect they should aim to pick this up next week.

Regarding ticket 185247808 on your new account, I'm sorry to see the mess we're in. I've added a reply to that ticket now and I've moved it to my workflow to take ownership of this for you moving forward.

Apologies for the experience you've had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
molerat
Rising Star

I have now received the threatening to call the debt collectors in if I don't pay within 14 days e-mail for the bill that was supposedly cancelled.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to see that.

I've escalated this with our debt management team to remove the outstanding balance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ric321

Totally agree. Changed from John Lewis (which is administered and provided by Plusnet) back to Plusnet last autumn when the contract ran out and the price jumped. All going well and broadband and telephone service provided without a hitch BUT someone somewhere in Plusnet did not do their job and I am still being billed by John Lewis and getting random emails from Plusnet to collect extra amounts.

Customer services will not sort it out because I no longer have my John Lewis username or password and just quote "it's data protection" at me. Yes, fine but they caused the problem in the first place and up to them to sort it out. They can collect the wrong (lower) amount as long as they like - it's their loss not mine as I will ring and get them to cancel any extra amount they try to collect.

Utter shambles somewhere in their administration team.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @ric321

Sorry to hear about your experience when moving to Plusnet.

From what I can see it doesn't look like your products are 100% built on the billing engine, but I can see that this has fallen into a back-end system that's currently being worked on by our engineering teams.

We'll update you when we know more. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BigRedSwitch
Dabbler

Yes, Plusnet billing is a nightmare. Prompted by an email to tell me that PN were going to take £xx.xx from my account - a totally wrong amount - I looked at my bills online and everything was fine in Dec 2018 but come the new year and they are trying to take double the amount and calling the excess "arrears"!  Looking further at the bill, I see the telephone number quoted for my account is an old one; I ceased using that nearly 6 years ago.

So, I try to contact PN but Chat is disabled and, when calling, you can only listen to the message "All our advisors are busy etc etc" for so many times.  Is that indicative of a large number of users trying to get their bills corrected?  If so, why dont PN say so on the Home screen that they have billing problems?

Anyone else having similar problems?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really sorry to read this @BigRedSwitch

Are you able to PM me your username so I can look into this for you?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Axolotl
Grafter

My account is also descending into chaos.

I paid for Line rental saver back by credit card in November 2018, ready for the new LSR year to start on December 6 2018, but instead of applying it as LSR, it was simply applied to my account as a normal credit. This means my account is in credit now, and you are charging me £18.99 per month line rental. I got the December £18.99 refunded to my bank account instead of to my Plusnet account, but now January's bill shows you still haven't treated the LSR payment properly, and once again have charge £18.99 for line rental.

Question 

refers to the LSR problem. This has been closed, but no action seems to have been taken.

refers to refund of line rental from Decmeber, also closed

and

repeats the refund info.

None of these have put things right.

Finally, open question 

says billing is suspended while you try to sort this out, but I am still seeing bills generated showing my account in credit due to the original LSR error. (January 6 2019). There is also the issue that you have not been applying the user referral discount correctly to my account since October 2018 and I have had to phone each month to get it credited as a manual credit.

I don't think anyone actually understands the problem here, and the incorrect line rental deduction of £18.99 should have been refunded to my Plusnet account, not my bank account. This means that if you do ever pay the LSR correctly out of my account, it will be in debit by a large amount.

Can anyone put a stop to this nonsense?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Axolotl, thanks for getting back in touch.

I am really sorry for the issues you have continued to face with your monthly invoices. I've raised this with our Billing Department now and once we receive any information back we will update you accordingly.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team