cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Account Cancelled

AnnoyedOfLondon

Plusnet Account Cancelled

I've had terrible service from Plusnet, with the internet and phone connection being unavailable for most of the 6 months that we've had it. 
They finally fixed the problem and then a week or so later I find out that the account has been cancelld.
We haven't requested this, nor have we spoken to any other companies or given our details to anyone, so how can this happen?
Plus net are now saying it will take a minimum of three weeks to reconnect us...has anyone else had a problem like this?
Thanks!
12 REPLIES 12
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Plusnet Account Cancelled

Hi there,
There's been an update to your ticket, but essentially an order to migrate your phone line to a different provider was placed. This was done by the other provider, unfortunately there's nothing we can do to stop these going through I'm afraid. I can assure you it wasn't placed by ourselves in any way.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Can you tell who did it
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately not no, all we can see is that it's an LLU provider.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Talk Talk slamming again I'll bet
To the poster - if you put your exchange into Samknows it will tell you which providers are on your exchange
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

AnnoyedOfLondon: If you've been collared in the street by TalkTalk or had them knocking at your door and they've managed to find out your telephone number they are notorious for transferring you to their service - even if you said you didn't want to go ahead. You then have a heck of a job getting out of their clutches when they try to hit you with minimum contract etc.
If this has happened to you don't waste any time arguing with them. Give them one chance to put it right (give them a deadline) and if they don't contact Trading Standards and OFCOM. They have been fined many times for this sort of behaviour and it doesn't stop them.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AnnoyedOfLondon

Thanks everyone.
Oldjim - sorry to be dim but how do I check using the samknows site? 
I've called TalkTalk and they say it's not them...
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Put your post code or telephone number in here http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search then click on the exchange name
AnnoyedOfLondon

Thanks, I now have a list of possible providers so I guess I'll start calling them!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I wouldn't trust anything TalkTalk say!
There must be a way of finding out who it is. I wonder if OFCOM can help?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AnnoyedOfLondon

After a lot of digging I found out it was BT.  It turns out that someone has moved into the flat above, requested a BT account, and they have set it up for the wrong address.  An innocent mistake perhaps but still annoying as they say it will take 3 weeks to transfer back to Plusnet and before we will get internet again. The phoneline works but has a new number and someone else will be getting charged for it!  Even if it is a mistake, I will still be reporting it to Ofcom as it seems a bit bonkers that our account can be closed without anyone contacting us about it... As a couple who work and study at home its very frustrating.
Ho hum.  Thanks everyone again for your help!  Smiley
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: AnnoyedOfLondon
After a lot of digging I found out it was BT. 

It would be really helpful, in case anyone else has a similar problem, to explain how you went digging and where you got a result.
AnnoyedOfLondon

Yes, sure.
I called the companies listed on the site mentioned above.
A helpful lady at Orange noticed the number I was calling from was different to the number I reported and checked the new number.
When I found out it was BT I had a feeling it was to do with my neighbour. I called BT and gave my neighbours name, they confirmed it has been transferred to him.