cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Account Billing Issues after Contract termination/Migration to another Provider..Help!!

ranjana

Plusnet Account Billing Issues after Contract termination/Migration to another Provider..Help!!

Hello,

I switched to another provider ( SSE) during July 2016 after terminating my contract with Plusnet.

However, to my surprise , Plusnet is charging me from past 4 months ( line rental) for the number I am no longer using!

I noticed the direct debit happening last week ( my mistake)

I spoke to the Plusnet customer service and informed them about it.

Plusnet said that my new provider( SSE) should have informed Plusnet about the new line rental that SSE provided to me.

Though it is my new provider's mistake, I am still supposed to pay all the four monthly payments for line rental and Cessation charge 24£

I am ending up paying two Broadband providers here!

Please help!

Anyone facing similar issue?

Thanks!

Ranjana

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Plusnet Account Billing Issues after Contract termination/Migration to another Provider..Help!!

Welcome to the community forums @ranjana.

Firstly, I'd like to make an odd request that you forget everything the advisor said to you earlier today.

I've had a look over your account and can see your phone and broadband left us in July as expected. I'm sorry to see the leaving notification was not generated, therefore the account was not close and we continued to charge for broadband in error, although the phone side of the account was removed automatically and we have not charged for line rental.

I've flagged this up with our billing team, and any payments for a service we haven't been providing will be refunded back to you.

I can also confirm the cease fee is not applicable due to the type of migration. No payments to us are due, only refunds back to yourself which should be back in the account they were taken from within the next 10 working days.

I hope this helps. Apologies for any confusion.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ranjana

Re: Plusnet Account Billing Issues after Contract termination/Migration to another Provider..Help!!

Thank you very much for your response and clear understanding on the whole issue @HarryB

Hope I get my due refund soon.

Have a nice day ahead! 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad I could help. All the best with your new provider Thumbs_Up

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ranjana

Thank you Plusnet Team for resolving this issue for me.Got the refund!:)

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to hear that. Thanks for letting us know.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet