cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet taking £33.98 from my account??!

SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

PlusNet taking £33.98 from my account??!

I was given 10months at half price the additional months added was due to issues I had on day 1. However I just got an email saying £33.98 is going to be taken from my account! PlusNet please rectify this before the money goes out of my account as that's breach of contract and agreement surely!
11 REPLIES 11
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Re: PlusNet taking £33.98 from my account??!

If you go to the members centre and click on the "View my BILL" link it will tell you what the charges are for, if it is still wrong phone or open a ticket.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

No it is wrong. I'm on my second month and it should be half of £33.98. PlusNet are charging me full price!
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

I've opened a ticket. PlusNet please can you rectify this today so the wrong amount is not taken?
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

This is the ticket number advising of the additional 4 months at half price.
Please can someone sort this out before the wrong amount is taken.
Question #64186625
kmilburn
Grafter

If you're paying by direct debit it's already too late,  once the bill is raised the request for payment is made,  and there is no way of stopping it!
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

I even rang them got a bit argumentative about the extra 4months. Still no ticket response from my call to PlusNet. Breach of contract this is.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just had a look at your ticket and the additional 4 months has been added to your account, so you'll get half price broadband for 4 months from today.
Unfortunately it's very likely that we're too late to change the direct debit amount now as the file will have been submitted. I'm happy to keep an eye on it and refund the incorrect amount back to you once the payment has cleared. Sorry for the error, but it's nothing more sinister that that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks however I am entitled to 10months in total, the 6months was the original offer when I signed up then one of your mangers gave me another 4months at half price due to issues I had on the first day of signing up however it seems I have had nothing but problems from day 1 even up to now *sigh* why cant things just be normal like all the other companies? In this age of technology I just cannot understand for the life of me that things that should just be simple is done in such an awkward and strange way.
Taking the full money from my account especially when I am entitled to an offer that you yourselves gave and then all these other customers who have had money taken from their accounts in error can be classed as fraud.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Normally the discount would be applied before the bill rather than refunded afterwards, unfortunately due to an error (not fraud) this didn't happen this month for you, hence needing to apply the discount afterwards. I'm sorry it's happened but I'll make sure you're refunded as soon as possible.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: SuperSaiyan4
Thanks however I am entitled to 10months in total...

I've corrected the discount duration. I'm unable to process the refund yet but will try again tomorrow...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've refunded the monies owed to you, please allow 7-10 days for this to process.
I've updated your ticket too.