cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet have deleted my Account

Wheel_nut
Grafter

PlusNet have deleted my Account

I migrated my Broadband Service and Phone Line to BT last month and as per my request, PlusNet downgraded my Account to a FREE PayGo Dial-up Account.
Today, I received two emails from PlusNet:
1) Advising me that "We'll soon be taking a payment of £0.19, for your Plusnet service. This
will leave your account on or after 10/05/2011. "
2) "You've successfully deleted your mailbox."
Additionally, my Account is no longer accessable. I get "Invalid username or password. Please try again." when I try to log in to check my account.
Maybe now you will understand my view that your Change Control Procedures aren't worth a damn!
Please could a PlusNet rep pick this up as I cannot sign in and raise a ticket as I have no account.
15 REPLIES 15
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: PlusNet have deleted my Account

your Change Control Procedures aren't worth a damn!

Change controls have nothing to do with this, however I must apologise. When you requested us to downgrade the account the agent who replied promising this did all the right things. However they failed to realise that when our systems pick up on you migrating out they would close the account down automatically. This could have been prevented by taking the right action. So it goes without saying that feedback with be given.
Please could a PlusNet rep pick this up as I cannot sign in and raise a ticket as I have no account.

Sorted, I'll get the pay-as-you-go account re-instated ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Adam, Thank you for reinstating the account so promptly. I have logged into the account and raised a ticket because my final account reconcilliation invoice is not showing ... just a bill for 19 PENCE for call.
This issue with Accounts being deleted is a SYSTEM problem and is rooted in the failure of your Design, Test and Change Control processes. The Failure in DESIGN to cater for the inevitability of the automated systems rules prevailing over the manual action taken to preserve the account cannot have been picked up when the Test Scripts which should have been run before the system went into Production. I can also give you numerous examples where my service has been compromised because changes to profiles have been made directly to the Production system bu over zealous developers. .... but that is history.
Thank you again for your prompt attention. I still have the highest regard for you guys whoreact so effectively to resolve the issues raised here.
Best wishes, Robin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
I'm sorry for the mistake. It is just that and not a system problem. The system is doing what we designed it to. However the action in this case was inappropriate and steps should have been taken to prevent it.
I still have the highest regard for you guys whoreact so effectively to resolve the issues raised here.

Thanks very much indeed.
All the best to yourself and sorry to see you go.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Adam, PlusNet have done it AGAIN!
My Account and Mailbox have been deleted ADAIN this morning!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Matt is looking into this now. I'm really sorry you've been impacted again by this. We'll sort this and get back to you ASAP.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wheel_nut,
Really sorry that's happened. I've reactivated it for you and am currently checking to make sure the same doesn't happen again tonight, I'll update this afternoon for you.
tonycollinet
Grafter

It is a system problem because your system is incorrectly designed (even if it is designed as you intended). If it was designed correctly, it would be possible to easily prevent this stuff happening
yours,
another deleted account victim.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Matt and Adam,
As a consequence of PlusNet deleting my account, you have created the following problems:
1) You have deleted the Direct Debit Mandate
2) You have been unable to refund me the £6.49 Line Rental overcharge.
3) You are not able to pay me my Referrals Bonus payments
4) You are not able to take the sum of £0.19 (YES, NINETEEN PENCE) you claim I owe you for Calls though there is NO ITEMISED INVOICE on my Account fot this charge. You are threatening inappropriate action if I do not attend to your problem.
5) You have raised a Ticket on my Account which I have responded to. For the avoidance of doubt, I don't intend to do any more though I do expect an offer in responce to my question.
6) You have sent me two annoying emails today which I am appending below:

Dear Mr Xxxxxxx,
Account username: xxxxxx

Unfortunately, we've not received the regular Direct Debit payment for your Plusnet account. This was due on 05/05/2011.
Your payment details
--------------------
Account Name: RXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Direct Debit Reference: PNETnnnnnn-n  
Why has this happened?
----------------------
Your Direct Debit payment failed because of the following:
The bank/building society doesn't recognise the instruction setup to pay the Direct Debit.
What you should do now
----------------------
To avoid any restrictions on your service you'll need to pay the amount owed within 14 days. You can add payment details to pay a different way at My Account:  
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=update_credit_card&s=0  
If you're having trouble updating your payment details or have a question about this, please contact our Support Team using the Help Assistant ( http://help.plus.net ) or call us on 0845 1400200.
Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://www.plus.net
Email ref: E0313
--
Plusnet plc
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013    

===                      
The Direct Debit Guarantee
This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
* If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Plusnet plc will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Plusnet plc to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
* If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Plusnet plc or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
- If you received a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Plusnet plc asks you to
* You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
===
AND
Your username: xxxxxxx
Dear RXXXXXXXXXX

We are emailing you as we've noticed that you don't have any payment
details setup for your Plusnet account. You need to set these up now,
otherwise this will affect your Plusnet service or services.

What you should do now
-----------------------
For your convenience why not set up a Direct Debit to pay for your
account? This is quick and easy to do, plus there's no need to confirm
regular payments or update your details. Setup a Direct Debit by visiting
My Account:
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=direct_debit
When you do this we also suggest that you store Secondary payment details
for your account (e.g. a credit or debit card). Doing this means that if we
can't take your subscription using Direct Debit for any reason you'll still
be able to pay for your services. You'll also have no interruption to your
service.

Need help?
----------
If you've got any questions about your service use the Help Assistant -
http://portal.plus.net/wizard/

Kind regards,
Plusnet Customer Support
http://portal.plus.net

Email ref: E0315
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Wheel_nut,
I've just read through this post. I'm sorry about these issues. Let me address these tomorrow for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi wheel_nut,
I've responded to the ticket for you and I believe the account issues are now resolved, aside from the outstanding refund which will be processed as soon as the direct debit goes active. I'm very sorry for how this was handled.
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Hi Matt and Adam,
I was intending to refrain from giving you another tirade on the design of your automated systems and the failure of your Test and Systems Assurance processes to pick up this rogue behaviour which is causing a cascade of problems for users like me and Tonycollinet.
Today I have received a letter by post suggesting taht "This could be the result of any changes that may recently have occurred in your banking details, including changes of account and expired credit/ debit cards." It goes on to say "Please note that in recognition of your valued customwe have not currently restricted your internet service, however if payment is not received within 14 days of the paynent faining then we will be forced to do so." Isn't it time you reviewed the design of this system?
Now, more to the point, could you confirm that under NO circumstances will PlusNet  refer this matter to a Credit Agency which would directly or indirectly affect my Credit Rating.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

however if payment is not received within 14 days of the paynent faining then we will be forced to do so." Isn't it time you reviewed the design of this system?
Now, more to the point, could you confirm that under NO circumstances will PlusNet  refer this matter to a Credit Agency which would directly or indirectly affect my Credit Rating.

Yes I can confirm this is not an issue in your case.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Wheel_nut
Grafter

Adam, Please see Question #42535759.
What the hell is going on. with your Accounts processes! This isn't funny any more.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Wheel_nut,
All sorted, it's not a process issue simply a poor answer from a new CSC agent. Specific feedback has been given.
Moving forwards I've actioned the refund of £6.49 that we were waiting to do and have responded to the ticket.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team