cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet have deleted all of my Mailboxes

madjbright
Grafter

PlusNet have deleted all of my Mailboxes

In mid-February I migrated from PlusNet ADSL to BT FTTP. I informed PlusNet of the move on 26th February and requested on ticket 99959715 to move the account to an email only account. I need this because my sons access their email with IMAP and needed time to move important emails over to our new email host.
On ticket 99959678 the ADSL closure was put on hold until 10/03/15.
So this morning I was surprised to receive emails telling me that all of the mailboxes on my account have been deleted. This is both against the information provided on 99959715 and the date on 99959678. Unsurprisingly I can no longer access the Customer Centre. So how do I get access to the account and the mailboxes restored as was agreed on the 2 tickets?
8 REPLIES 8
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: PlusNet have deleted all of my Mailboxes

The account has been closed, despite the information in the ticket you quote. I'm trying to get this sorted for you now, but I'm not sure how much (if anything) that we'll be able to recover.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
madjbright
Grafter

As I can still get into Webmail and one of my sons can still see all of his emails it appears that it might not be too late. Why is this allowed to happen. Its sours what has been a good experience as a PlusNet member over the past 12 year and reduces the probability of my return when my BT contract expires (I never wanted to leave in the first place but that is another story).
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I am hoping it isn't too late, and I'm speaking to one of our network guru's now to get it sorted.
The account has been corrected and is currently live meaning you can now, at least log into the portal. I'll have more news on the Emails / mailboxes shortly.
As for why this happened ... I'm working on it, but that isn't as time sensitive.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
madjbright
Grafter

OK. I just received another email with the subject "Your product change is now complete" and that the product is PlusNet Residential Generic Services Product. I can also get into the Member Centre with my original ID / PW. Hopefully the mailboxes will not be deleted. If you did something to make this happen then thank you. If it was all in the process then we could have done without the scare of the mailbox deletion emails.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Yes, we messed up I think. I've not looked into that yet.
The good news is, your mail was still there, I just had to create access. I've left you a voice message as your password for the mailboxes has had to change I'm afraid.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've now looked into why this happened in the first place. It seems to be down to human error in part (which I've raised), but I think a bit of tweaking to the automation/process could be in order.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
madjbright
Grafter

Thank you for your quick response to this. I can confirm that I can see all of the mailboxes now in the Member Centre.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm really sorry that this happened, but I'm pleased you can see them all again.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team