Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Bully Boy Tactics

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: PlusNet Bully Boy Tactics

Did you actually read my post where I quoted the relevant T&Cs? They very clearly state that you personally had to contact Plusnet BEFORE starting the migration if you were to avoid the termination charges.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Unhelpful post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@sergioramos wrote:
@198kHz wrote:

You appear to be in a minority of one, with none of the other seven posters in this thread agreeing with your interpretation.

I think I’m right , Ofcom think in right , this a partisan forum !

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

Partisan? Forum members are not slow to criticise Plusnet if they think the company is in the wrong.

Ofcom may change their opinion when they find that you have not complied with Plusnet's clearly stated T&Cs.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If he has contacted OFCOM I bet he was selective with the facts he gave them!

He should look at my posting history if he thinks I'm partisan! If Plusnet get it wrong I will say so and when Plusnet are right and complainants are deluding themselves I will also say so. I believe that the Why I have left Plusnet post linked in my signature is the post with the most likes/thanks anywhere on the forums and that is highly critical of Plusnet.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Why on earth did you include a link to a website that's in your signature?

sergioramos
Dabbler

@jelv wrote:

Did you actually read my post where I quoted the relevant T&Cs? They very clearly state that you personally had to contact Plusnet BEFORE starting the migration if you were to avoid the termination charges.

I did as per my previous posts, you seem to be ignoring certain facts stated

sergioramos
Dabbler

FAO EmilyD

Can you please respond to last question asked to you

sergioramos
Dabbler

FAO Gandalf

@Gandalf wrote:

I'm afraid that whilst the gaining provider led process is to let the gaining provider handle the transfer, if you're still within contract with the losing provider then early termination fees will apply.

We provided you the opportunity to leave your contract with no early termination charges but we asked you to let us know you're leaving because of this.

Unfortunately you would've needed to let us know before the migration completed.

Please advise where in your terms and conditions is the above actually stated

sergioramos
Dabbler

FAO  Gandalf

@Gandalf wrote:

I'm afraid that as people have advised above, to leave without any early termination charges as a result of the price refresh, you'd have needed to call us on the number we provided you in the price refresh e-mail to let us know you're wanting to leave because of this.

As this didn't happen I'm sorry to say but the fees are applicable.

With regards to the customer service you've received from us I'll listen to the call and make sure feedback is passed on where appropriate.
Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

please advise the process to obtain a digital copy of said conversation and advise what action is being taken regarding the threat made

jelv
Seasoned Hero

@sergioramos wrote:
@jelv wrote:

I did as per my previous posts, you seem to be ignoring certain facts stated

In message 13 in this topic you said:

@sergioramos wrote:
Your not getting it are you ? I don’t need to give them 14 days notice to leave , my new ISP did that , as per Ofcom and Plusnet guidance . I had to inform them within 30 days that I was leaving because of the price increases, which I did

You are still not getting it. Notification by the gaining supplier (which is what you did) is for standard migrations and if you bothered to read the T&Cs correctly you would see that you are then liable for the termination charges.

The T&Cs and the email are both clear that in the event of a price increase, if you want to leave without having to pay termination charges YOU have to notify Plusnet personally (not your new ISP on your behalf) giving 14 days notice.

You have stated in your previous post that I have quoted that you did not do that.

What you have done fails on two counts: you didn't give notice personally until after the event when you tried to get the termination charges waived and the automatic notice sent as a result of you placing and order with the new ISP was not 14 received by Plusnet at least 14 days before you placed the order.

PS I suggest the subject of this topic would be more appropriate if it was changed to "Ex-Plusnet User's Bully Boy Tactics". You are the one trying to bully Plusnet in to waiving the charges when it is crystal clear to everyone else that has contributed to this topic that you are the one at fault by not following the correct procedure.

sergioramos
Dabbler

You’re wrong and have clearly not read my responses to points raised I will break it down for you

1st May - email received about price increases
1st May - ring plus net to advise not happy and wish to leave
1st May - instigate switch with new provider
2nd May - new provider gives 14 days notice
17th May - switch made
20 May - online chat with Plusnet regarding charges

As you can see ALL Criteria was clearly met , i.e advising I wished to leave within 30 days and 14 days notice period
jelv
Seasoned Hero

For as long as I can remember (many, many years) Plusnet's systems have reliably logged every time someone access a user's account so there is no reason to doubt the veracity of this post:

@Gandalf wrote:

From what I can see no adviser viewed your account then, and the chat from the 20th May is after your service migrated away from us.

If you did call on 1st May I suggest you need to find the record of that call in your telephone bill and give Plusnet the date, exact time, duration, number called and the number you called from so they can trace and listen to the call.

Edit: Improvement to readability only.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@sergioramos wrote:

FAO Gandalf

@Gandalf wrote:

I'm afraid that whilst the gaining provider led process is to let the gaining provider handle the transfer, if you're still within contract with the losing provider then early termination fees will apply.

We provided you the opportunity to leave your contract with no early termination charges but we asked you to let us know you're leaving because of this.

Unfortunately you would've needed to let us know before the migration completed.

Please advise where in your terms and conditions is the above actually stated

These points in our terms and conditions:

15.4. If you choose to end our agreement for any service within the minimum term (except where you're inside the cancellation period set out at paragraph 9) you'll have to pay an early termination charge as set out in the Price Guide. Other charges may be due as set in the Price Guide and/or the relevant Service Terms.

18.3. If any change is to your material disadvantage (and isn't as set out in paragraph 18.1.5) you may end our agreement for any affected service by giving us notice of your intention to leave within 30 days' of our notice.

please advise the process to obtain a digital copy of said conversation

You can request this here.

and advise what action is being taken regarding the threat made

Feedback has been passed on where appropriate.

All adviser feedback is internal, we won't share the outcome.

1st May - ring plus net to advise not happy and wish to leave

Every time any adviser in the business accesses a customers account on our customer relationship management (CRM) system, there is a footprint left for 12 months. I'm afraid that there is no footprint then.

I've checked our call recording software for that day using the contact numbers on your account/the one you used to call us on when you had a conversation with the adviser I listened to the call to, and I'm afraid there is no call.

If you used a different number please can you send me a PM with it and I will be happy to check again?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sergioramos
Dabbler

Thank you for the response, I have the date, time and call duration of the call and will forward with an official letter of complaint shortly , in the interim I would appreciate a hold on all text messages, emails and phone calls in relation to the alleged cancellation fees
jelv
Seasoned Hero

If the number you called from is not one shown on your account or the number you used when making the call Gandalf has listened to this could be resolved quickly by PMing Gandalf the number you used - no need to raise a complaint (yet).