cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Account Number - Quidco Cashback Problem

JellyTussle

PlusNet Account Number - Quidco Cashback Problem

Hi
I recently transferred my broadband and phone service from BT to PlusNet. I completed the online PluNet application form after using the link from Quidco. Once the the transcaction was completed; the status via the Quidco site was 'tracked'. Logging onto my Quidco account last week; I was surprised to see that status had changed to 'declined'.
I therefore raised a cashback claim. Quidco request "could you please confirm your account number in the format of BP01502757 or 1532554."
I could not recollect ever being an account number by PlusNet. Looking at my welcome letter from PlusNet; all I could see was my username and password.
Looking through this forum; I see the post "Question about your cashback?" here (sticky at the top) in the Accounts and Billing section.
https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112065.0.html
In that post it says:
NB: You may be asked for a service ID or account reference when you are filling out the required forms which can be found on your bill here. You will need to remove the first 0 from the service ID when providing this to the cashback site.

Clicking the link in the thread takes me (after signing in) to my account details. On the top right hand side; my details are as follows:
Invoice:    48367150
Date:        22/02/2014
Account:  myusername
Service ID: 02413645
I therefore presume I need to use this service ID (02413645) but that I must remove the first 0 as the post  "Question about your cashback?" advises. So I complete my Quidco Cashback Claim using my account number as 2413645.
Today; I get an e-mail from Quidco that says:
"Hi,
Thank you for submitting your claim.
Before we can process your claim however, could you please confirm your account number in the format of BP01502757 or 1532554.
Kind regards,
Dan
Quidco Support"
So can someone please help me as to where I might find my PlusNet account number and does anyone know what Quidco mean when they say " please confirm your account number in the format of BP01502757 or 1532554"?
Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlusNet Account Number - Quidco Cashback Problem

Hi JellyTussle,
As far as we are aware the Service ID is what you are required to provide Quidco with.
All I can suggest is that you send them another email with the Service ID and if this fails try contacting them directly.
If this fails and you require further assistance please let us know and we'll do all we can to assist you.
JellyTussle

Following your reply; this is the message I sent Quidco:
"Hi Dan
Thank you for your e-mail. I thought I had completed all the required information correctly in my claim.
I do not understand what you mean when you say "Before we can process your claim however, could you please confirm your account number in the format of BP01502757 or 1532554."
This is the information on my invoice from PlusNet:
Invoice:    48367150
Date:        22/02/2014
Account:  myusername
Service ID: 02413645
I have contacted Plus Net for clarification; and this is what they have told me "As far as we are aware the Service ID is what you are required to provide Quidco with.  All I can suggest is that you send them another email with the Service ID and if this fails try contacting them directly. If this fails and you require further assistance please let us know and we'll do all we can to assist you."
Can you please confirm that you now have all the required information you need to process my cashback claim? If not can you advise me where exactly I may obtain the information you require?
Many Thanks
JellyTussle"
I sent this message to quidco as an e-mail reply and via their site.
To date I have had no reply.
Now; when I look in the my account section of the Quidco site; there is still no reply; but when I try to query this problem this is the default reply:
"Unfortunately, it's now too late for us to go back to the retailer for you about this. When a purchase from Plusnet is declined you have up to 7 weeks from the date on which it was declined to raise an incorrect cashback claim."
So it seems as if I have lost out despite doing nothing (as far as I can see) wrong. I supplied Quidco with all the required information. They have told me that PlusNet have declined my cashback. Is it possible to find out from PlusNet whether this was actually true or not and if so why? I really would like to find out who is at fault here; Quidco or Plus Net or both and if possible get the cashback that was promised to me.
Thanks.
JellyTussle

Well I have just had this reply from Quidco:
Hi Jelly,
Thank you for providing that for us.
We have been requested to provide your account number with Plusnet which would be in the format BP01502757 or 1532554.
Please can you contact them again so they can provide you with your account number.
Kind regards,
Brendan
Quidco Support

What on earth is going on?
Surely supplying an account number to Quidco is straight forward?
Does anyone know what Quidco want?
alsw123

I had the same problem wiht my claim but found this forum topic http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,111960.0.html
Basically i found the hardest bit was finding the page, try this link https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
if a direct link doesn't work to navigate to it.....
On the right under "My account" click on "Account Details"
Click on "Account Summary"
There shoud be an order number in the BP format required. Was a pain to find but quidco accepted that for me.
Thanks
Alan
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi JellyTussle,
I'm really sorry you're still having issues with this.
As far as we're aware the BP is followed by your Service ID which you can find on your bills or where alsw123 has suggested you look.
Good luck and let us know how you get on!
JellyTussle

Thank you both very much. Thanks to above link I have now located my account number in 'BP' form.
I have just sent this message to Quidco:
Dear Quidco Support Team
My Plusnet account number is BP02413645. This is in the format you require.
I hope you can deal with this matter as soon as possible; as it it has been going on for some time now.
Please keep me advised as to your progress.
Many Thanks
Jelly Tussle

We'll see what (if anything) happens now...