Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net say I have been credited - I have NOT

clownfish
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plus net say I have been credited - I have NOT

I only get one referral a month.  For 50p.
This has been credited regularly so over time I have saved £17 with this.  Great.  As a result of this the amount debited form my credit card is at the moment £9.49 a month.
This month much to my surprise my bill went up 50p to £9.99.
Looking at my transactions on my account page, sure enough instead of two entries for the month, one the invoice for the billing amount and one the credit note for the referral amount, there was only the invoice for £9.99.
However "My referrals" shows that the referral is still active and that I am indeed still entitled to my 50p discount.
I raised a question about this but all I am getting back in reply is that Plus Net say the referral HAS been correctly applied.  This is nonsense.
I have sent screen shots of my referrals page and my transactions page showing this is NOT happened.  My credit bill is showing a debit of £9.99 not £9.49.
I am not going insane so could someone go and bang some heads together and explain why on earth Plus Net are insisting my referral discount has been applied when it plainly has not?
I have attached a jpg image with the user name of the person I get the refall from blanked out showing what I say above is the case.
Regards,
Dave Oddie
12 REPLIES 12
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plus net say I have been credited - I have NOT

It's not worth going insane over 50p now is it?  Wink
Give them time, and keep reminding them, and it surely will get sorted.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I think its just the peculiar way that PN report it, this is mine
11174686  £-0.25  £0.00  24/03/2008  Credit Note  Amount from bank
11174684 £26.98 £26.73 24/03/2008 Part-Paid
10879653 £-0.25 £0.00 24/02/2008 Credit Note
10879651 £26.98 £0.00 24/02/2008 Fully Paid 26.73
10609178 £-0.25 £0.00 24/01/2008 Credit Note
10609174 £27.92 £0.00 24/01/2008 Fully Paid 27.67

chillypenguin
Grafter

You only get paid your referral discount, when PlusNet get paid. So if there has been any problems with the payments from the customer that you referred, them you will not get your discount until that has been resolved.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Which, given the Easter break, may be delayed even if there are no problems.....
clownfish
Rising Star

Well PN are now saying that the referral has not been applied which of course it had not.
The advice is to contact the person who I referred which is fair enough as the implication is they have done something to cause this.  The data protection act forbids telling me just what, which is again fair enough.
However it took three questions and a screen shot to get PN to agree the referral had NOT been applied.  They kept saying it had been.  The penultimate reply even said my referral HAD been applied but for data protraction reasons they could not tel me why it had been applied.
Talk about cutting and pasting a stock phrase into an email without thinking.
It will be easy to find out whether or not the person I referred has left PN, changed their options, not paid this month or in any way changed their subscription such that the referall does not apply.
The info on the my referral section of my account still shows I am entitled to it.....
Dave
James
Grafter

Hi there,
There is a reason why you did not receive the referral credit for this month, but owing to the fact that we do have to consider data protection legislation, I can't go into details as to why your didn't receive the credit for it.  If your referral wishes to call us to ask why the referral token wasn't generated then we'll be happy to tell him, but for the sake of 50p I don't really see much value in that Smiley
I will however, address this with the analysts that failed to address your initial query accordingly.
chillypenguin
Grafter

On my account the  Current Referrals page shows the usernames of the referees.
Chilly
James
Grafter

Yes, it will do.
I just can't go into the specifics of why a referral token was not generated for that month.
clownfish
Rising Star

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
There is a reason why you did not receive the referral credit for this month, but owing to the fact that we do have to consider data protection legislation, I can't go into details as to why your didn't receive the credit for it.  If your referral wishes to call us to ask why the referral token wasn't generated then we'll be happy to tell him, but for the sake of 50p I don't really see much value in that Smiley

I now know why the referall was not applied and both myself and the my referall will be interested to see if it auotmatically starts up again given the problem has been sorted at his end.
I will however, address this with the analysts that failed to address your initial query accordingly.

Well the rather bemusing and insistant response from PN that the referall had been applied when it had not was what promted the forum posts from me.   Not the fact I was down 50p a month !!   Wink
James
Grafter

Yup, totally get that Smiley
I have no doubt that you'll receive the appropriate referral credit next month now that the problems have been sorted Smiley
Not applicable

Perhaps its a difference in language?
If there shouldn't have been a 50p credit applied and 50p wasn't applied, then it follows that the referral discount was correctly applied.
?
clownfish
Rising Star

Beleive it or not the same thought had crossed my mind but given the exchanges with plus net clearly this wasn't the case.  Even if it was, I don't think the Plain English Campaign would approve!  :lol:
Dave
cp:blue Full quote of preceding post removed. link:rules mod:end