Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net now trying to take payments earlier than agreed CONTRACT DATES

suebuckby
Grafter

Plus net now trying to take payments earlier than agreed CONTRACT DATES

Hi
I have just received a email from customer billing saying FAILED PAYMENT yet my account is NOT DUE until on or around 15TH of the Month, and in response to trying to MOVE A DIRECT DEBIT PLUSNET DOES NOT have a DIRECT DEBIT SYSTEM I work in account may I STATE TO PLUSNET Direct Debits mean a DATE OF CUSTOMERS CHOICE WHICH CAN BE MOVED.
Plusnet have failed me so many times and again all of a sudden gone for a payment today yet why?? WHEN THEY STATE ON ALL MY BILLS BILLING STARTS FROM 15TH OF MONTH OR THERE AFTER YET ANOTHER BREACH OF CONTRACT ANY INCURRED CHARGES I may incur will NOW come back to plus net and on the subject of PLUS NET CALLING BACK CAN THEY PLEASE ADVISE WHEN I WILL GET ALL MY INTERNET PROBLEMS SORTED OUT!!! YES CUSTOMERS THESE HAVE BEEN ONGOING FOR NEARLY 3 YRS!!! SOME GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICES JUST LIKE YOUR ADVERTS PLUS NET i WILL go to trading standards Direct Debits actually MEAN CUSTOMERS CHOSE THEIR PAYMENT DATES not YOURSELVES.
Now I will be extremely interested in your response given I have now been on HOLD for over 20 mins I expect a call back from your CEO not someone that as per usual reads from a SCRIPT!!!
In closing extremely DIS-SATISFIED CUSTOMER that will go to trading standards for lack of service charged for wrong information GIVEN at point of sale and fact Direct Debit DATES CAN BE CHANGED BY LAW
11 REPLIES 11
suebuckby
Grafter

Re: Plus net now trying to take payments earlier than agreed CONTRACT DATES

hi
I am not surprised about your complaint, I myself must have at least 60 tickets raised and at least 20 still open AND I have been with plusnet for nearly 2yrs I am throughly DISGUSTED with their lack of customer services and inept way of dealing with inept goods that they advertise on TV as "The Greatest in Yorkshire"
May I now let you aware that they will now attempt to take payment WELL before your due date so be aware I am seriously considering going to Trading Standards for false selling and Breach of Contract which means I will redeem what I have paid them I would advise you to look at doing the same.
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Hi Sue
I've never heard of you having to be allowed to choose a date for direct debits before, so I've just had a quick google and found this page on what appears to be an official direct debit website.  One of the points it makes about managing your direct debits is this:
If you are offered a choice of payment dates when setting up a Direct Debit Instruction, choose a date that best suits your cash flow – just after your salary is paid, for example.

It is my bold, but to me that makes it sound like they don't have to offer you a choice of dates.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd expect a failed payment notification to take quite some time from the invoice date, have you checked the date that this relates to (see your transactions here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_transactions&s=0 ), is it possible that the failed payment is from last month?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
picbits
Rising Star

Plusnet have never taken payment before my due date - that is a bit of a sweeping statement Sue.
I do agree that the call times on the support seem to be rather unacceptable these days though and I really hope that for Plusnets sake and reputation the new call centre will sort this.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet have never offered a choice of billing dates as routine. I've seen them attempt to do it once or twice (some time ago) in the many years I've watched these forums and it usually ended in tears with an even bigger mess until one of the developers went in to fix things manually in the database.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

As others have said, we don't offer the choice of billing date and our current billing system doesn't support this. I'm sorry to see the problems you've had but the date we request payment has been the same for at least the last 2 years for you. The only difference in the time this payment is taken from your account will be down to whether you pay by card or direct debit. Card payments will come out on the same day, but direct debit payments take around 3-5 working days to clear.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Sue, sorry you feel that way. I can't see any open tickets on your account and the last one raised by yourself was done back in May this year which was resolved by our support team on the same day.
With regard to paying, your payment date is the 11th of each month and that's when we request the payment - if your chosen method of payment is a card payment it'll be taken that day, if it's Direct Debit it's requested on the 11th and will leave your account within 5-7 days of that request being made. Please let us know if it's not happening that way and we'll do what we can to sort it.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Posts from another thread split off and merged here - the timeline is a bit mucked up - sorry
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Just reading back after the topics being merged about 20 open tickets, I'm sure there is a limit to the number of tickets that can be open on an account at any one time.  Isn't it something like 3 or 5?  There are occasionally complaints when someone tried to open their next ticket and can't.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can have 3 tickets open at a time - staff can then raise new tickets internally, but customers cannot not from the portal.
James
Grafter

4 Wink