Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net hiding unsatisfied customers

inhost
Grafter

Plus Net hiding unsatisfied customers

Hi Folks,
Now forgive me if I am wrong but plusnet's whole business is based around communication in the modern world, broadband, fibre, telephones, SIP services etc, so why is it that once of the MOST important things i.e. the complaints process is the ONLY subject which they refuse to acknowledge unless you put pen to paper.
To me that seems like buying a <1 year old house that has a coal fire in it....
My Thoughts on the 'WHY' they do this
----------------------------------------------------
Plusnet make allot of mistakes, I have experienced them first hand, they know that complaints = bad statistics which no doubt hits them in other areas.
Plusnet knows that most people will simply leave before putting pen to paper because in this day and age it is ridiculous, I can resolve my problems with plusnet faster by just leaving them than waiting for a reply to my penned letter.
Plusnet are owned by BT and no doubt at least 80% of the complaints would be based on underlying issues at BT so rather than rock to boat or be seen to be a company who fail to respond to complaints they make sure they get as few as possible.
My Thoughts on why they should 'CHANGE' this.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Well for one it is draconian at the best of times to write someone a letter especially when emails are legal forms of communication these days.
It would allow customers to more effectively raise real concerns rather than support 'questions' which in my experience are never really looked at from a 'root cause' perspective.
It would show plusnet to be an even more honest company by not hiding behind process.

---------
I am now forced to write a complaint myself because the service I have had from plusnet over the last few months is just so poor today I requested a mac code and I will be leaving, the biggest single frustration is having to start all over again with each person I speak too because the last person has failed to put real updates on the incident.
The latest example being that I was offered 3 months free boradband in mid July after plusnet over changed my card on top of 8 failed 20 CN regrade attempts (All of which I had to follow and chase up or nothing would have been done)
Now a few days ago when my new invoice came through on-line there was no free broadband and they denied all knowledge of it despite me being able to point them to the person who offered it in the customer options team.
Now that I am on the phone to plusnet every month for HOURS at a time sorting out mistakes that only seem to happen because of a lack of due diligence I have had enough, a complaint along with an invoice for my time is being sent in.
10 REPLIES 10
inhost
Grafter

Re: Plus Net hiding unsatisfied customers

Forgot to say, I may not be able to respond to anything so take it as you will, as they messed my invoice up again this month I am refusing to pay it until it is for the correct amount so I expect as it is now a few days over due through no fault of my own the 'system' will cut off the broadband soon anyway.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: inhost
Hi Folks,
Now forgive me if I am wrong but plusnet's whole business is based around communication in the modern world, broadband, fibre, telephones, SIP services etc, so why is it that once of the MOST important things i.e. the complaints process is the ONLY subject which they refuse to acknowledge unless you put pen to paper.
This says otherwise http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml
1. How you can complain
We aim to be number one for Customer Service. Even so, things can go wrong. When they do, we want to know so we can put them right as quickly as we can. Here are the ways you can complain to us:
Go to http://help.plus.net/ (you'll need your account username and password) and select 'Customer Services' then 'Making a Complaint'. This means that you will be able to raise your complaint quickly and directly to our Complaints Team.
By letter
It takes longer to reply by letter, but if you prefer to write, please send your letter to the appropriate address below. Make sure you include the account username, postcode and telephone number of the service you're complaining about.
Which takes you here https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22909&wizard_id=38 and wil be responded to by the dedicated Complaints Team
inhost
Grafter

Jim,
That is a pretty poor response, if you open a question which is ALL you can do on-line despite the miss leading text suggesting it is a complaint it is a mere question, which if you insist is made an official complaint you are given the postal address and told to write in, you will get the same response by phone.
All you have really done is prove that plusnet seem to make every effort to avoid official complaints being made.
If you can get a plusnet rep to specifically confirm that 'official' complaints can be made on-line or by email that are recorded as complaints in exactly the same way a written complaint is then I will stand down and admit I am wrong.
James
Grafter

If you can get a plusnet rep to specifically confirm that 'official' complaints can be made on-line or by email that are recorded as complaints in exactly the same way a written complaint is then I will stand down and admit I am wrong.

I can confirm this. That is our "formal" complaints process.
There is also a process for complaints being made over the phone (by call centre staff), however what Jim has quoted is the process for complaints to be handled by my team.
inhost
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh,
Perhaps you could explain why in 57950953 I was referred to the complaints policy rather than following my request and why when following said policy it leads me to no where I can raise a 'Complaint' only a 'question'? and if a question is a complaint why 57950953 could not be treat as a complaint?
inhost
Grafter

Anyway as you have stated that is an official complaint method I have made one.
James
Grafter

Hi Inhost,
Essentially your ticket should have been passed to a Team Leader to investigate as part of our internal process (nb this is only in place for support calls and questions/tickets).
"Question" is our generic term for all on line queries, which also includes complaints.  As you have raised a complaint, this will be handled solely by our complaints team. The SLA for these is 5 working days but we would hope to answer you before then.
inhost
Grafter

Thanks Jameseh,
I now fully understand why your complaints process is as clear as mud at least.
A spade is a spade but we also call shovels a spade.
James
Grafter

It's actually a lot simpler than I have seemingly made it out to be.
The formal process supports two avenues - online and letter.  It is defined in the process you refer to, and has to be under Ofcom GC14.
I have made this a touch more confusing by referring to the process that the Call Centre have - If an agent is unable to deal to your satisfaction, it should be passed to their manager.  If the manager can not handle, then it will come to my team and if my advisor cannot deal, it comes to me.
I hope the mud is clearing somewhat.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

"Questions" used to be called "tickets" which made far more sense as they also cover things like changing account type . When you view closed "questions" you also get a list of service notices covering things like billing and confirmation of changes made to mailboxes etc.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)