cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plenty of notice yet modem not sent on time

kingqueen3065
Dabbler

Re: Plenty of notice yet modem not sent on time

I know, that is my worry too. It's because of the sky takeover that I decided to leave Be. Now I'm tied in to them for at least 12 months, through thick and thin. I hope it's not too bumpy a ride.
kingqueen3065
Dabbler

Bump (just a littleun)
I have left Sky, left BT, and now signed up with Plusnet Business with Annex M. It's at an early stage so far, I've got a requested transfer date of 23rd March. I've given my MAC, and am waiting for my direct debit instruction to go through.
I very much don't want to experience the problems I had last time. They promised me Annex M, then couldn't provide it, then recognised they'd promised something they couldn't provide so said they'd let me out of the contract, then kept demanding money, referred to a debt collector and ended up with me issuing in Court before we reached an amicable (I can't remember if the details are confidential) out of court settlement.
So if anybody staff-wise fancied keeping an eye to ensure there aren't any massive clangers this time, it'd be truly great...
Cheers
joclark
Grafter

Good afternoon, I hope as well as you that the problems do not occur again. If there are some clangers please do not hesitate to contact us. As you have said it is early days so checking your account at this point would not show us if there is an issue. 
If you  have any worries at all please contact our Business department for updates. I am sure they will be able to help you with any issues that creep up.
Thanks
kingqueen3065
Dabbler

Well, a good start. The broadband connection was initiated today and it's Annex A even though I ordered Annex M. (Annex M being the entire reason I moved to Plusnet.)
I phoned Business Support who tried to tell me that I am in fact getting Annex M, and that whilst I was quoting the advertised speed that is in fact a maximum speed. Yeah right, here's the ADSL stats.
  --------------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex X) -----------
  Running Mode            : ADSL2+ Annex A      State                : SHOWTIME
  DS Actual Rate          : 22208000 bps  US Actual Rate      :  1092000 bps
  DS Attainable Rate      : 22364000 bps  US Attainable Rate  :  1096000 bps
  DS Path Mode            :        Fast    US Path Mode        :        Fast
  DS Interleave Depth    :        0      US Interleave Depth  :        0
  NE Current Attenuation  :      13 dB    Cur SNR Margin      :        6  dB
  DS actual PSD          :    19. 9 dB    US actual PSD        :    12. 4  dB
  NE Rcvd Cells          :  794245      NE Xmitted Cells    :  4792568
  NE CRC Count            :        0      FE CRC Count        :        0
  NE ES Count            :        0      FE  ES Count        :        0
  Xdsl Reset Times        :        0      Xdsl Link  Times    :        1
  ITU Version[0]          : b5004946      ITU Version[1]      : 544e0000
  ADSL Firmware Version  : 05-04-04-04-00-01
  Power Management Mode  : DSL_G997_PMS_L0
  Test Mode              : DISABLE
  -------------------------------- ATU-C Info ---------------------------------
  Far Current Attenuation :        6 dB    Far SNR Margin      :        7  dB
  CO ITU Version[0]      : b5004946      CO ITU Version[1]    : 544e827a
  DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR    : < IFTN >
That doesn't look like Annex M to me.
When I said that I knew what I was doing and that I most definitely did not have Annex M, he became very defensive and combative. He says that Plusnet are providing what they promised, that everything their side says they're providing Annex M, and that the only way to sort it out is to remove and replace Annex M which takes up to 72 hours. At no point was he at all sympathetic or understanding or apologetic. I think frankly his customer service skills are not what I would expect. I have sent in the phone call recording.
This is on top of confusion over the day broadband would start:

I have to wonder:
1) why have Plusnet made such mistakes again?
2) why was the attitude of the support agent so combative? Do they not have customer service training and skills? De-escalation techniques?
This stress is the last thing I wanted, and to be honest, was my main concern about returning to Plusnet.
kingqueen3065
Dabbler

Aaand some dings on my telephone line, and on checking I am now on Annex M. Clearly BT or somebody has done something somewhere, hence the dings.
Which leads me to wonder why the support person wasn't aware of what was going on and was so combative?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I've just had a look over your account and the information provided by the advisor is correct, he's been through a line test (KBD) on the BTWholesale system which is showing that Annex M is currently on the line. The first step to resolve this is to try removing it and readding, these orders take 1 working day each (IIRC) to complete. The tone and attitude of the agent is something that I'll pass on but the information is correct unfortunately.
The second email you've sent is an old, poorly worded notice, I'm sorry for any confusion it caused.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just seen your updated post, I'll get the order to remove Annex M cancelled off.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kingqueen3065
Dabbler

Thank you.
Here are the new stats:
> adsl status
  --------------------------- ATU-R Info (hw: annex A, f/w: annex X) -----------
  Running Mode            : ADSL2+ Annex M      State                : SHOWTIME
  DS Actual Rate          : 20532000 bps  US Actual Rate      :  2608000 bps
  DS Attainable Rate      : 20760000 bps  US Attainable Rate  :  2564000 bps
  DS Path Mode            :        Fast    US Path Mode        :        Fast
  DS Interleave Depth    :        0      US Interleave Depth  :        0
  NE Current Attenuation  :      15 dB    Cur SNR Margin      :        6  dB
  DS actual PSD          :    19. 2 dB    US actual PSD        :    12. 3  dB
  NE Rcvd Cells          :    44619      NE Xmitted Cells    :  247075
  NE CRC Count            :        0      FE CRC Count        :        0
  NE ES Count            :        0      FE  ES Count        :        0
  Xdsl Reset Times        :        0      Xdsl Link  Times    :        1
  ITU Version[0]          : b5004946      ITU Version[1]      : 544e0000
  ADSL Firmware Version  : 05-04-04-04-00-01
  Power Management Mode  : DSL_G997_PMS_L0
  Test Mode              : DISABLE
  -------------------------------- ATU-C Info ---------------------------------
  Far Current Attenuation :        7 dB    Far SNR Margin      :        6  dB
  CO ITU Version[0]      : b5004946      CO ITU Version[1]    : 544e827a
  DSLAM CHIPSET VENDOR    : < IFTN >
I have to wonder why the advisor didn't initially believe me when I said that I was on Annex A. I appreciate the system showed something different but I honestly knew what I was doing. The difference in stats is clear - I'm now on Annex M and whatever the BT system showed at the time, I was on Annex A.
Thanks for looking at my concern. As for the tone and attitude - I will upload my call recording to a ticket to be looked at.