cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please somebody help me with this headache....

drpepper99uk

Please somebody help me with this headache....

Ok,
I take out a Plusnet Broadband and phoneline package on the 18th of April this year....my phoneline is connected some 3 days later and I have a working landline(which was previously switched off from BT Infinity) and I can make calls. Upon placing the initial order I had to select a date of the 8th of May 2015(today) for an engineer to visit to setup the broadband side of things as it was the only date available for the 1pm-6pm time slot I wanted and I waited in and no one showed up, not even a call.
I left it a while and then proceeded to contact Plusnet customer services after wasting 5 hours of my time only to be told that the order was "cancelled" due to "over capacity" on my exchange and thus it had been cancelled by BT Openreach themselves and that was that and nobody had thought to pass this infomation on. Not being happy that i'm not able to receive fibre broadband(even though when I was with BT Infinity before I could) I then set about phoning up BT and asking them if they could provide me with a fiber service and telling them what had happened beforehand and they said they could provide me with what I had but i'd need a new number issued and a few other things.
I'm now concerned that I'm over the 14 days period for cancelling my Plusnet broadband and phone service and will get stung with 18 months worth of contract charges even though:
1) I had no initial option to choose an earlier engineer booking to fit in with the time frame of the 14 day cooling off period
2) I've not received ANY broadband service from Plusnet through no fault of my own
3) I should of been made aware of these problems sooner
I don't want to be paying Plusnet for just a phoneline as no other ISP i'm aware of will provide me a fibre broadband connection on it's own without taking out a landline service on top.
I've messaged this both through Facebook channels on Plusnet as well as through their support tickets and complaints dept and now on here as after spending over 30 minutes listening to nothing but music tonight and no answer i'm wanting to get this sorted out sooner.
BT have preliminary placed an order for a new broadband and phoneline service, however I need someone from Plusnet to either step in and sort this out and provide me with the service I signed upto, or release me and let me migrate over to BT for both broadband and landline without charges involved.

My username is drpepper99uk if anyone can look into this for me.
7 REPLIES 7
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Please somebody help me with this headache....

Why on earth was your Infinity and phone service switched off? It should have continued until the day you switch to Plusnet which would mean there was no risk of "over capacity".
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: drpepper99uk
I have a working landline(which was previously switched off from BT Infinity)

Please clarify, what EXACTLY does this mean?
e.g. were the premises previously supplied with a BT phone landline and Infinity (which is a broadband service, not phone  Huh ) which were both cancelled by "someone"? Who?
drpepper99uk

Hi,
What happened was that after some 18 monthh withh BT Infinity and my bills seeming to increase along with line rental and very few calls made on the line itself, I decided to use a Mifi device for several months instead which was fine until my son wanted to start using his xbox and whatnot and thus the data allowance I had for the mifi weren't enough each month...
I cancelled the BT line along with broadband as the mifi was cheaper to run long term for my needs etc and I was also saving paying for line rental on top each month. Had I not need more data allowance I wouldn't of bothered reverting back to a fixed line broadband and just what I had in the first place, but with £53 bills just for line rental, vat and the cost of the broadband and virtually no calls made on the bill itself it was starting to grate me somewhat and the mifi option on EE seemed ideal..
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: drpepper99uk
I cancelled the BT line along with broadband
Fair enough, but to put it bluntly "tough" as BT Openreach have run out of capacity so cannot supply FTTC to you via PlusNet or any other ISP.
If BT Retail are saying they can they are almost certainly lying.  Lips_are_sealed
drpepper99uk

I'm unsure what to do now, as from not having an active BT landline and Infinity package for 3 months(due to ongoing cost issues etc), i'm now unable to receive a fibre service due to capacity issues..
drpepper99uk

Would be helpful if someone from Plusnet could answer what happens in "over capacity" situations when customers order and have yet to be provided a broadband service as such. From looking at other places such as Sky, they give customers either a sit and wait option or a total cancellation choice.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Thanks for speaking to me today, I'm sorry about the problems you've had an I hope we can put them right sooner rather than later.
I'll be digging into why a migration wasn't done later too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team