cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me leave!

apharding5

Please help me leave!

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this or not - however I am currently having troubles simply leaving Plusnet and am desperate for some help if possible!

i have been a broadband customer for 2 years but now am moving away to somewhere plus net are unable to cater for unfortunately so I am making alternate arrangements.

However I am finding it incredibly difficult to simply settle up what I owe (if any) and close my account. I have been directed to call a number from the live chat service which has proved fruitless due to insane waiting times and they directed me BACK to the website which is no help at all. 

I've had no troubles with this company so far but this final part is proving frustrating and extremely difficult. Is there a way anyone knows of that someone could simply call me directly?

It would be massively appreciated, 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Please help me leave!

Moderator Note by Dick (Strat)

Topic moved to Accounts and Billing to try and raise it's profile.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us.

If you've chosen another BT-based provider at your current address, all you need to do is contact the new provider and they'll arrange the migration as per the gaining provider led process. Once your line migrates away, we'll work out your final bill.

Or if you're wanting to cancel your account without moving to another provider/if you're moving to a cable provider, you'll need to contact our Cancellations Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1 then Option 2). At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm.

Having said that, is there anything I can help with you to help keep you as a customer? I've reviewed your account, and I'm unable to see any contact within the past 12 months.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

@apharding5 wrote:

i have been a broadband customer for 2 years but now am moving away to somewhere plus net are unable to cater for unfortunately so I am making alternate arrangements.

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums.

Out of interest just where (what area) are you moving to where PlusNet cannot offer service?  That would imply somewhere which BT do not have access to.

Geographically BT can generally get anywhere - though I have lived in some housing developments (Swansea) which (at the time) were only served by NTL - BT had no right of access.  Are you moving to somewhere similar?  There is of course Kingston upon Hull (my home town) where there is a vast swathe of non-access to PlusNet et al.

@Gandalf (& co) - is there no right of access to serve (as there is over BT lines) in such areas at all?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It depends on the area, as you've mentioned we can't provide in Hull due to Kingston Communications being the provider there, but otherwise we should be able to provide service anywhere there's broadband capability.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Possible that the poster is a fibre customer and no capacity/availability where he's going?

apharding5

HI all,

Thanks for your replies - i've moved to Barleythorpe in rutland (LE15 Postcode) and confirmed that there's basically only oe provider available - it's a new estate basically, fairly out in the sticks. The provider appears to be seethelight. I haven't heard of them myself but this was confirmed with the neighbors that they are who they use.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Not the cheapest, but the options look good.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

http://www.fibrebroadband.co.uk/availability/barleythorpe/2153/

Fibre broadband providers in Barleythorpe

The fibre broadband providers that operate in your area will depend upon which of the two networks have reached your part of Barleythorpe.

Virgin Media owns and operates one network, which it exclusively uses to deliver FTTP (Fibre To The Property) broadband at speeds up to 100Mbps to large parts of Barleythorpe, and up to 120Mbps in upgraded areas.

FTTC in Barleythorpe or Fibre To The Cabinet is owned by BT, which delivers fibre broadband from a range of providers including Sky, Plusnet, BT, John Lewis, Zen and TalkTalk. Speeds can be as high as 100Mbps, depending upon location, provider and package.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

That response from fibrebroadband.co.uk looks like a generic answer that could apply to almost anywhere in the country so I don't put much trust in it. The OP states he has moved to a new estate which has a sole provider for broadband, this can be the case for estates in rural areas where the developer has made a deal with a particular comms provider. It totally restricts the choice for the residents and I seem to recall some horror stories about seethelight from some time ago, hopefully they may  be better now and have some clue about providing  a decent broadband service

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@apharding5 wrote:
Thanks for your replies - i've moved to Barleythorpe in rutland (LE15 Postcode) and confirmed that there's basically only oe provider available - it's a new estate basically, fairly out in the sticks. The provider appears to be seethelight. I haven't heard of them myself but this was confirmed with the neighbors that they are who they use.

Mind private messaging me your new full address, and phone number if you know it?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet