Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please close my account

FIXED
Arjailer

Please close my account

Hi,

I'd really like my account to be closed please. We had BT FTTP installed on 10th April 2018. The order process didn't ask for a MAC code, but I hoped the migration would go through to PlusNet anyway.

Called PlusNet on the 11th to check, but they hadn't been informed, so asked for it to be done. Was told it normally requires 14 days notice, but he would do it immediately "as soon as the current direct debit clears". The direct debit left my account on the 11th and the payment has been showing as fully paid in my account transactions for at least 5 days now.

A ticket was raised on the 11th stating Internal - Please close the account down right away once the current dd clears, but nothing's happened since. I replied to the ticket 4 days ago but have had no response.

I've now cancelled the direct debit (and have since received emails asking me to reinstate it), and would like to avoid any hassle if/when you try to take payment next month.

Thanks,

Alan

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) removed personal information as it’s a public forum

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Please close my account

Fix

Hi Alan.

I'm sorry to hear you've moved your service away from us.

I don't believe a provider can place an FTTP migration order from another provider, which would explain why we've not received a notification from your new provider.

I'm taking a look at your ticket now and I'll respond over there too.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Arjailer

Thanks for sorting this out  Thumbs_Up

I've actually been very happy with PlusNet for our ADSL connection, but I couldn't see a way to to get the 200mbps (BT Infinity 3) option with PlusNet  Sad

Alan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all Alan. Smiley

It's a bit late now, but we do provide FTTP for existing customers over at trials.plus.net, though only at a max of 80mbps.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Arjailer

If you've got 200mbps by the time my BT contract expires in 18 months then we'll probably come back  Thumbs_Up

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds like a challenge to me. Grin
We’ll see what the future brings.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

200Mbps?

They could supply 300Mbps NOW over G.fast.

Just saying like Cool