cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones been put on but I have not got fiber or broadband switched on.......HELP!

IvanC86
Grafter

Phones been put on but I have not got fiber or broadband switched on.......HELP!

Hi,
I placed my order on the 2nd of December to switch my phone and internet over to PlusNet. Everything seemed like it was going well and my appointment was confirmed for 19/12/2013 to have an engineer come out to fit the fiber connection.
The home phone was switched over around 1pm on the 19/12/2013 but then started the issue's.
- No router turned up despite one being order...I contacted the help team who ensured me one had been dispatched that day.
- I had an appointment for between 1-6pm on 19/12/2013 for an engineer to come and switch the fiber on but NOONE showed up....
- I spend 40 mins on hold waiting to speak to an adviser about the fact I had no form of internet connection, The chap I spoke to (Nathan) looked into this for me and discovered that due to a clerical error my order had not been committed properly as somehow 2 people had picked up my order and one of them had been closed. Now I am waiting for contact from PlusNet about where we can go from here as currently I have no form of internet, be it broadband or fiber and my wife works from hope over the holiday period via the internet and with no internet that means she cannot work.
Can someone please find out what my options are because I am aware that Christmas is just around the corner and the employees of PlusNet and the engineers they use will be off to enjoy time with their friends and families.
Even if I have broadband switched on until they can get a engineer out to fit the fiber I would be happy.
Kind Regards,
Ivan Cannon
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Phones been put on but I have not got fiber or broadband switched on.......HELP!

Hi there,
Really sorry to learn about the issue with your order.
I've just checked your account to see what I could do to help and I'm delighted to see on of my colleagues has arranged for ADSL to be set up for you before Christmas whilst we're still working through an issue on the fibre order.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
IvanC86
Grafter

Re: Phones been put on but I have not got fiber or broadband switched on.......HELP!

Hi Adam,
Yes your collegue was very helpful.
I wanted to ask when will I know when the broadband is available to you as i have checked my non plusnet router and the lights for power, wlan and dsl are lit, just the online one isnt. Will i get sent some details of how to get connected?
Thanks
IvanC86
Grafter

I have recieved a text meesage saying "
Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 01/01/2014. Please don't set up your router until we confirm your service is active."
I was told that i would have the service switched on before christmas, can you please shed some light on this?Huh
Regards
Ivan
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi Ivan,
I've just been chasing this up for you now. We've just requested an expedite on the order and will have the response to that within the next 3 hours.
Once we've got that response back it should be within 24 hours that your ADSL is active Smiley
I'll let you know on here and update your ticket as soon as I have a response from our suppliers.
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi,
The expedite was accepted and the order has already completed so you should now be able to connect Smiley
I;ve updated your ticket as well.
IvanC86
Grafter

Sadly I cannot get on the internet.....getting a bit annoyed now of im honest.
Had a email at 12.09 today saying i will have an engineer out to fit fiber and for a 2nd time no engineer turned up.
Alas now i am waiting for a call from openreach...losing the will to live with this. I think my hope of having some sort of internet for xmas is dead
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Do you get a solid Broadband light when connecting an ADSL router into your telephone socket?
IvanC86
Grafter

Hi chris,
No it was on earlier but its gone off again. I have spoken to one if your co workers who has explained that a error on the account has lead to my order being completed when it was not. Fingers crossed it will be resolved tomorrow