cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoned to inform migrating away due to price rises - where is the confirmation?

DougRolfe

Phoned to inform migrating away due to price rises - where is the confirmation?

So we phoned Plusnet yesterday to confirm as per email received about the price rise - we are migrating away without any penalty (so this means no need to complete the contract and no charges for cancellation).

However, why do you refuse to send out written confirmation that the migration is to be processed without penalties imposed as per the email.

Can someone provide me with the necessary WRITTEN confirmation that the call to confirm migration based on the price rise without penalty has been at least noted on my account so that when my new provider kicks in I won't have to deal with unauthorised charges? 

Alternatively I'll cancel the DD and you'll have to invoice me for anything you think I owe you which I'll settle by cheque.

3 REPLIES 3
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: Phoned to inform migrating away due to price rises - where is the confirmation?

Hello @DougRolfe

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear you wish to leave. Can you send me a message with your account username and I will look into this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Cal1br1
Dabbler

Re: Phoned to inform migrating away due to price rises - where is the confirmation?

As a result of the same email about price increases, I just phoned Plusnet to say I was thinking of leaving too. I mentioned that Vodafone are offering the same 38Mbps package for just £23 a month. The Plusnet advisor said they can offer £24 on a new 18 month contract. I said fine. Within a couple of minutes of putting the phone down everything agreed was sent to me in an email. So I should be okay for the next 18 months. But if the price changes again we'll always have the option of leaving without penalty. So far I'm happy with the Plusnet service.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm glad to hear you've decided to stay with us @Cal1br1 Thumbs_Up

Please let us know if you ever need any assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet