cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number and postcode do not match

nblackburn
Dabbler

Phone number and postcode do not match

After 10 years with PlusNet I've recently attempted to move to BT (for self-install fibre) but my phone number and postcode don't match according to Openreach, so BT tried to charge me for a new line. It all got too complicated so I cancelled the order.
I spoke to PlusNet support who said they'd correct my postcode with Openreach and it would take 5 working days. He also said he'd confirm that it had worked and contact me to confirm. He never did contact me and the postcode is still incorrect. The second PlusNet advisor I spoke to said PlusNet couldn't update it. Could anyone confirm if this can be done please else I'll be either stuck with PlusNet or I'll have to get a new line? I appreciate that they may not want to be very helpful in this case but I may choose to come back after a year.
NB: My address is all correct on PlusNet's system, it's just Openreach who have the incorrect postcode.
Thanks for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Phone number and postcode do not match

If it's only wrong on the BT Wholesale/OpenReach system BT Retail should be able to get that corrected.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nblackburn
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried that, they didn't have much of a clue what I was talking about (it was a UK call centre too!). According to them my phone number wasn't active (I've had it for nearly 2 years!) and they said I'd have to go through my supplier.
nblackburn
Dabbler

Before I go down the complaint route can any on-line Plusnet staff suggest another way forward? Since my original message I've had a couple of support staff that seem helpful initially, they know what system to update and assure me they'll see the issue through to completion but you never hear from them again.
Thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As much as I understand this is exactly what you've been told every other time  ::)...
Leave this with me, I've sent the request back off to our suppliers and I will be keeping personal ownership of this until it's sorted.
I won't have much in terms of an update straight away, but I've escalated the Ticket to myself and I'll keep you updated there. If you respond to the ticket, it will notify me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Sorry it's been going on for so long, I'll aim to get it sorted for you ASAP.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet