cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not working & unable to log into account

ahdguy

Phone not working & unable to log into account

Hi all,

I recommended Plusnet to my elderly mother (who is just out of hospital) and noticed I was getting a 'number not in service' when I call. She's had the service for about two months, and had a direct debit set up, so as far as I know the account is in good standing (she had an email a few days recommending a different call package).  However when we went in to check the account it wasn't accepting the password, so we reset it, and it still won't take the new password (I did a copy and paste of the new password to ensure it was exactly the same). 

Calling the support on my mobile the automated messages said the call center is not taking any calls due high call volumes???

Any idea on how we restore access or submit a fault ticket for the line? Like I said she's just out of hospital so not being able to use the phone is pretty concerning 

Thanks in advance 

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Phone not working & unable to log into account

@ahdguy I'm not PN staff, but a couple of questions: do you know if the service has ever worked? What happens if your mum dials 17070 - does it report her number, or is the line dead/reporting another number?

I have asked for this topic to be moved to a more relevant board so PN staff are more likely to spot it, btw.

John
ahdguy

Thanks - yes it's been working since recently (a week ago) but she got out of hospital yesterday and it's not working.  She said it's not able to dial out or is intermittent.  I can't give any more details because I'm unable to call her...  

I'll see if someone can pop round and check on her and the phone tomorrow morning. 

Gotta say it's pretty disappointing that a single elderly lady is at risk because there's no way to report a fault on her only means of communication... 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

OK, sorry to hear that, but unfortunately I don't think there are any PN staff about at the moment - @Gandalf ? - and this was unfortunately posted in the wrong board. Hopefully it will get moved and picked up early tomorrow.

John
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @ahdguy and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see your mother's phone isn't working after she's returned from hospital.

Can you private message me on here (or Twitter) her account username or landline number, so I can see what I can do to help get her service back up and running? 

I'll tweet you back shortly also. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet