cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone lined being used by another & getting billed for it!

KRand

Phone lined being used by another & getting billed for it!

Hello,
I have been being charged for phone calls that I have not made. I have not once used my phone, I am only subscribing to rent the line for my internet connection. In the past few months I have been charged about 80 quid for calls I did not make. This wasn't flagged to me until recently has the amounts have been small. This past holiday season I was charged for international calls. This could not have been me for many reasons first, as previously stated, I have not once used my phone, secondly I was out of the country for the holidays and thirdly I am the only resident so no one else was in the flat to use.
I have been waiting now for 1.5+hrs on the support line to get ahold of someone. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced for a problem that I did not cause. Plusnet, please amend and refund me! I do not know how else to contact you and make you amend the situation. I've now tried calling, Twitter, forum, and your website to no avail.
Regards from a  very unhappy customer.
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Phone lined being used by another & getting billed for it!

The Digital Care Team who monitor the forum (and twitter) work Monday to Friday so it could be Monday before they respond.
Rather than waiting on the phone you can contact Plusnet by raising a question using the Help Assistant. The following "I have been billed incorrectly" link should be suitable
https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=wizard&page=22236&wizard_id=38
To set the scene perhaps "I am being billed for phone calls I did not make and wish to challenge all of these" could be entered as the first paragraph.
Then the first paragraph of your post.
Hope this helps and you get the problem resolved quickly. Sad
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One thing you could try - if you have a phone - dial 17070 and see what the number actually is
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You could also ring your mobile and see if the correct number is displayed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
picbits
Rising Star

Also visually check the wiring from your master socket back as far as you can see it towards the telephone pole or street termination box and check there isn't anything hooked up or tapped off along the way.
It's quite rare for this tampering but it does happen and it's quite easy to do. More often there is a mistake at the exchange with literally crossed wires or a billing issue.
Mayfly
All Star
Fixes: 1

I had this once a few years ago - the BT engineer had crossed the lines in the green cabinet with my next but one neighbour - I took 4 hrs to work out why I kept getting calls for someone called Kate then realised they were new to the street..
I only found it by ringing my own number.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This doesn't look to be a problem with the setup of your account which suggests there may be a crossed line somewhere. I can see that you called on Saturday evening and your call was passed to faults, but nobody then opened your account - did the call drop? It'll be best for you to call in again to report this.