cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line installation fail

ahdavies88

Phone line installation fail

2 Open Reach engineers came out last week to install phone line - both unable to due to poll line needing safety check. 2nd engineer said he'll arrange for this to happen. Haven't heard anything from Plusnet about the next step / when this will be sorted. Can someone from Plusnet be advise?
6 REPLIES 6
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Re: Phone line installation fail

Hi @ahdavies88, thanks for getting in touch.

I do apologise about the lack of communication there has been surrounding your orders. I've been in touch with the suppliers and the external work has been passed over to the relevant department. We've been advised an A55 form needs to be raised as permission from the council is going to be required for this pole work. Our next review date is 16/09/2019 where we should be able to provide some further information.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
ahdavies88

Thanks for getting back to me Alice.

Can I just ask why it's taken this long? The Openreach engineer was confident that the safety check would be completed by last Friday and broadband would be up and running for the weekend.

Andrew
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

HI @ahdavies88, I am sorry that the service wasn't working for when the engineer advised. I have provided a more detailed response on the ticket for you but essentially the delays are due to the work required to complete the job.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
ahdavies88

Thanks for the update Lauren.

Will wait to hear from you for a further update after the engineer has been.

Andrew
ahdavies88

Hi, I haven't had an update from when the engineer came out on Thursday. I have replied on the ticket but have had no response. Can you advise if further work is needed. Thanks
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @ahdavies88, thanks for getting back in touch. 

After speaking with our suppliers I have been advised that the order has been passed over to the pole team for them to go out and re-test the pole. We've been advised we will have further updates on 19/09/2019.

I do apologise for the length of time this is taking to resolve.

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team