Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone charge error at end of billing month

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Phone charge error at end of billing month

For several months, I have had a problem with phone charges for calls made on the last day of my billing month. These charges are included in the bill for the month just ending, but they appear on the account details for the month just starting. There is an apparent danger that these calls will be charged twice.
I have a ticket open for the latest occurence (number 71017591). I'm raising the issue here to see whether it is common, and whether anything can be done to alter the billing system to stop it happening, so that I don't have to keep querying my phone bill month after month.
Cheers
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Phone charge error at end of billing month

Hi - this is a known issue (currently looking for the problem ref) where the itemised bill uses a midnight cut off on your last / next billing day to display the calls that were processed in that period but billing will invoice you for any call processed before billing runs. Call processing typically runs until 1-2am and the relevant aspect of billing runs at 4am. As such, any call processed on your billing day after midnight appears on the next itemised invoice but is billed that day.
Hope that makes sense, please rest assured that there is no over-charging.
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks Ben!  I am reassured that I won't be charged twice, and I've closed the ticket.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No worries, you even got a small refund out of it too Smiley