cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Ringback charged double.

cleandishee
Grafter

Phantom Ringback charged double.

As I can't raise a ticket as in the past and waiting around on the ticket/phone system is not an option either, I will ask this here and see if I can get an answer.

As per the title I noticed that this months bill was slightly higher than it should be. Checking the billing logs it seems we have been charged for a ringback call for 20p

As well as this being unlikely, the information listed next to the account says this single call should have been charged at 10p. This also points towards this being an error.

Is there any chance any Plusnet staff could look at this and explain why this call has turned up and why it is charged at twice the rate that it should be?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Phantom Ringback charged double.

Can I ask where it shows 10p? The cost shown on the call tariff page is 20p:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/

Single use cost (if not subscribed)

Ringback 20p

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
cleandishee
Grafter

Re: Phantom Ringback charged double.

On my current "Home Phone Control Panel"

Still there right now -

"Call features
Included:
1471, 141, Voicemail (1571), Ringback (10p per use), Reminder call (15p per use), Conference calling (40p per use)
Extras:
 Caller Display"

It appears Plusnet haven't updated the prices on the customers own portals, the first place (and last) most people would look I would assume as it directly relates to their own account.

I did supress the ringback function when with BT, I had assumed it would have remained in place with the migration to its sister company.

I can see on other forum posts that Plusnet cannot make this request to Openreach ,unlike BT, for some unknown reason, so it looks like we are stuck with this unwanted feature. (Detailed here - https://community.plus.net/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Phone/thread-id/13299/page/1 ) Very Disappointing.

I still believe this is a phantom charge and should not be there at all, I will monitor things and come back if other strange things appear.