Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phantom Phone Calls

FIXED
MrDonaghey
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Phantom Phone Calls

i'm being charged almost £55 for outbound phone calls from my house when i don't have a phone plugged in.

i've been in touch with your customer services and they are getting an openreach engineer out to look at the line but i want my phone line blocked from making outbound calls. how do i go about this?

5 REPLIES 5
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Phantom Phone Calls

@MrDonaghey wrote:

...i want my phone line blocked from making outbound calls. how do i go about this?

Looking at this thread , it seems the facility has not been offered since 2015.

...it is not Plusnet's practice to place restrictions on lines so the option will not be available in the future.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

I think it's a recent thing but you can bar all outgoing calls from your Plusnet phone. Go to your call features page https://www.plus.net/member-centre/phone/call-features (Login to your account required first before clicking on the link). The last option is "Call Barring". Might need to zoom out a lot as scrolling down doesn't seem to work. 

How to setup call barring: https://www.plus.net/help/phone/call-features/#how-can-i-block-premium-content

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Thrall wrote:

I think it's a recent thing but you can bar all outgoing calls from your Plusnet phone.

Ah, I stand corrected - thanks for that.

The heading how-can-i-block-premium-content is rather misleading when in fact, as you say, it's not just premium content that can be barred.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MrDonaghey
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Fix

thanks for all the help but i ended up calling the customer service and asking for all outgoing calls to be blocked as i didn't use a landline.

ive had an e-mail to confirm  can no longer make out bound calls.....but i still need to sort the crossed line and a refund 😕

Cheers Cheesy

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

"i still need to sort the crossed line"

Not necessarily a crossed line. The bill gives details of the number to which the calls were made and that might help in finding out who made the calls.

In the past I have had calls to the speaking clock (tel. no. 123) charged to me at 50p each. I got the cost of the calls refunded by PlusNet although it's not their fault.

There's a very long history nationally of engineers working on cabinets looking for an active line who instead of dialling the number that they should use for tests, using the quick and easy 123 which ends up costing the unsuspecting customer.

On one occasion, the cheeky devil made another call after using 123 to order a Pizza!!