Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent attempt to rip me off.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Persistent attempt to rip me off.

I am on a contract called "unlimited fibre broadband and calls" the calls part refers to the inclusion of evening and weekend calls.  I signed up about 14 months ago and I've been ripped off ever since.
The first problem was that I signed up for line rental "saver". Due to an ambiguous clause in the small (tiny) print, apparently this meant the calls were no longer included. I complained but the slimy b*****ds wriggled and wriggled and I ended up paying. It was probably defensible by a dodgy lawyer but certainly not honest or fair. Anyway as part of the correspondence they confirmed that the inclusion of the calls only applied when line rental is paid monthly.
So now I'm out of the LRS contract and guess what: I'm still getting charged. I spent 40 minutes explaining that the package includes calls and after loads of flaky excuses, the operator agreed that I shouldn't be charged. He also confirmed that the charge has been removed permanently.
I now find out that it hasn't been removed permanently, just until next year. Apparently this is a "gesture of goodwill". How can fulfilling a contract be "goodwill"?
This should have been really simple but Plusnet seem determined not to give me the deal I signed up for. This seems absolutely deliberate because at each discussion there has been some "reason"; all of them tenuous but all clearly meant to make me think I'm wrong and make me give up.
These people make Volkswagen look honest.
12 REPLIES 12
CTFU75
Grafter

Re: Persistent attempt to rip me off.

Can they match AAISP as they have line rental for only 6 pound, if they cannot, try them. They have a monthly contract only so you can switch back if you aint happy.
CTFU75
Grafter

My contract ending soon. Very surprised they no longer giving free evening and weekend calls with the fibre and the Line Rental Saver also lowered.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

I'm not trying to get a new package, just trying to get them to honour the one I signed up to.
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi barnyandpippa,
As this issue is being dealt with by our HLE department it is best to leave it with them to save confusion from two different channels.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

I'm getting no sense from them. I've now referred it to CISAS.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Hi barnyandpiipa,
You might want to check this post http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,144120.msg1270450.html#msg1270450 where I asked the specific question 
So, will existing customers not renewing LRS return to the free calls bundle included in their package ?
and the response from the PN CRT team

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star

Thanks for that, it will be useful in CISAS case.
I already have the ticket from my original complaint about the line rental affecting the package that confirms this. They don't have a leg to stand on legally, hence the title of the post that despite this, they are persistent in trying to rip me off.
For a company that wants to be great at customer service, they need to sack everyone and start again - nobody I've spoken to knows anything other than money grabbing. Here's their latest response "I am happy to write off your existing contract to enable you to transfer to another provider without any early termination charges." Nice offer and very tempting but they don't deserve to be let off that easily so I'm going to CISAS.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

Apparently the post to which you refer "is correct". That's nice to know at least.
However it doesn't apply to me because my "Unlimited Fibre Broadband and Calls" package doesn't include calls. Can you believe that?
Given that I thought the clause "line rental saver doesn't include any calls" was a pretty flaky reason to have it delete calls from a broadband package, especially as the two are so separate that you don't even need to pay them to the same company, then the latest news makes that look almost moral.

Anyway their position is looking pretty thin now. They've recognised the package I've signed up for, acknowledged that records show me on a different package and stated that the reason I'm not on the package I signed up for has nothing to do with the delay between me signing up and them starting the service. I still don't think it's resolved yet - I'm sure there will be some further bull***t to wade through.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If you signed up 14 months ago then I'd be pretty sure that the package included calls. All the packages at that time did, it's only within the last month or so that new packages didn't include any calls.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star

It definitely did include calls.
Trouble is I'm recently being told that's a "gesture of goodwill". Of course this is utter c**p but when did that ever stop Plusnet if they thought they could rip off a few extra quid?
Basically they've made an error by not putting me in the package I signed up for but they refuse to admit it.
Getting bored with ever more pathetic attempts to explain it away. I've completed the CISAS form but I thought I'd give them one last opportunity to get honest. Obviously a case of hope over experience.
barnyandpippa
Rising Star

Good news is that PN have now agreed to stop charging me for the included calls. It's taken ages and they have been persistently trying not to, but in the end I am right, they know it and I'm not going to be fobbed off.
The latest statement is my favourite. I sent them them the ticket that I received when I placed the order. It says: "As discussed, I will put you down for the evenings and weekends package". The response from last week: "however evening and weekend calls was not included as part of this package"
You couldn't make it up - unless of course you were trying to rip your customers off.
So my advice is: if you know you are right, stick with it. You'll face attempts to make you think you are wrong and conflicting responses but in the truth will find a way, even in a culture that's trying to kill it.
Oh and I'll probably get another message from the censors because this truth is too negative for the fanboys.
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I think you will find that the number of "fanboys" has diminished sharply over the past 6 months or so  Grin Grin