cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pensioner over 70 living alone in isolation phone cut off and broadband speed reduced

Meiklejohn
Hooked

Pensioner over 70 living alone in isolation phone cut off and broadband speed reduced

I have been on an unlimited fixed price contract since September 2019 almost every month I have been overcharged.

i have complained and received refunds.

After complaining again about overcharging last week I have been cut off and my broadband speed has been reduced, on phoning I am told I have reached my credit limit. After trying to explain to the operative that I have a fixed price contract and that Plusnet actually owes me  he hangs up on me.

can anyone explain what I have to do to get this situation resolved?

i am at a loss hence on here .

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Pensioner over 70 living alone in isolation phone cut off and broadband speed reduced

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account/ Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Meiklejohn
Hooked

Re: Pensioner over 70 living alone in isolation phone cut off and broadband speed reduced

Finally had a reply this morning it has been recommended that someone should contact me.

i just wonder how long the wait will be.

i will let you know the result! 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Meiklejohn, I am very sorry for the issues you're having.

I can see my colleague has already picked up your contact on Twitter and has taken ownership of your account providing a more detailed response here for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Meiklejohn
Hooked

Quite honestly when I joined Plusnet about 8 years ago I could not stop praising your service and the commitment your staff had to its customers. I even managed to get 2 further clients on the island to switch to Plusnet.

Since last September when I switched to an all inclusive plan I have been constantly overcharged and ignored when making a complaint and last week one of your representatives hung up on me. This is totally unacceptable you seem to have developed a culture of the customer is wrong and we are right. Fob them off, any excuse will do.

You can say these are exceptional times and you have more problems arising than you can fix, this I can understand but my problem started last September before the virus hit. My problem should have been fixed then, and certainly in December when it was brought to your attention again.

You go to great pains to promote Plusnet as “Caring for the Vulnerable” in actual fact this is far from the truth.

Do you really think that I want to go about making myself, out as “Vulnerable” reducing my self esteem just to get some service from Plusnet. I do not.

Finally I got [CSA Removed] (apologies if spelt wrong) he listened to my problem all fixed in 20 minutes.

Rodger Meiklejohn 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Meiklejohn Hi there, again I am dealing with your complain with the link that Lauren has given you and will contact you on your phone tomorrow. Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team