Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending Cease Support

cmsgran

Pending Cease Support

Hi Guys,
Will try to keep this as short and pain free as possible,
Myself and partner live in a rented accommodation, phoneline and broadband are provided by SKY. My sister frequented the property prior to us and when she moved mainly for ease we kept SKY in her name and just changed the direct debit bank deposit SKY's end.
We can no longer afford the sky package so got my sister to cancel it a couple of weeks back. I have signed up with PlusNet this past week but received a text saying a cease is placed on the line for the 19th November, if  not cancelled a charge of £49,99 will be on the cards for an engineer visit.
Now I have taken the time to educate myself on this and gotten my sister to contact SKY on my behalf as a first port of call, as I'd guessed they want no part and say 2 weeks to cancel the cease no ifs, no buts. After digging around on the forums here, I've read that you may well be able to reactivate the line on the day of cessation to avoid the charge and engineer call out.
Can anyone shed some reality on this or advice, I wasn't aware of the charge to reactivate a line when it is still going to be a BT line regardless of SKY or Plusnet. The charge seems totally unnecessary to me,
4 REPLIES 4
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Pending Cease Support

Although I don't fully agree with the comments that have been left on the ticket on your account (It won't need an engineer to install a new line) unfortunately the fee to restart the line would be applicable if the line is ceased.
As it currently stands, the line is an MPF line used by Sky, as opposed to a BT line and because of this the charge would be applicable if we have to restart the line.
Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, if possible we'd prefer that you arrange for the cease to be removed so we can simply take over the line as opposed to restarting it at an additional cost to both yourself and us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
cmsgran

Thanks for the swift reply Harry, if this is the case and you cannot do anything about it then will it be the full £49.99 we have to pay. We have tried to get the cease prevented on the line and SKY have informed me that it is not possible in this timeframe and it will take two weeks to go through, although I have since read it can be done in 48 hours.
It seems we are stuck in limbo here and we have no options.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately it would be the full £49.99.
I'm not sure why Sky are stating that it takes two weeks for a cease to go through Huh I'm pretty sure I've seen ceases on Sky lines be put in place and removed in less than two weeks, although admittedly I couldn't really say without knowing their systems. I do know from our side of things, we generally ask for 2 working days notice to cancel orders (Including cease orders) as the order passes the point of no return within the last 48 hours and then can't be stopped/amended.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
skycatcherx
Dabbler

Just recently been through this with talktalk and they were able to cancel a cease whilst on the phone with them and got confirmation letter the next day and plusnet were able to confirm the provide about 2 hours after my call to talktalk so I think Sky are yanking your chain!