Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penalised for being a loyal customer

FIXED
Wingco39
Grafter

Penalised for being a loyal customer

Been with PN for over 5 years now and have renewed at each contract end. If I now want to start a new contract for BB and phone it's going to cost me £18.99 + £9.99 = £28.98 per month. I am not allowed to take advantage of a current offer of £19.99 for BB and phone because that's for new customers only and I cant get through to customer services (that's a misnomer) to discuss the matter as the current waiting time is half an hour! Smiley6600and recently it's been, at best, 15 minutes. Oh by the way the £19.99 offer ends on the 26th i.e. tomorrow.

Frankly I've lost the will to live on this one and it would be a lot simpler just to go to SKY for £15.00 including line rental and phone on a 12 month contract and get a new router with the addition of a 5 Ghz band on WiFi.  Performance couldn't be any worse than my current speeds of 7 up and 0.6 down with PN. Or I could go to SKY Fibre for £25 a month including line rental and phone - I can't go to Plusnet Fibre for £24.99 as that's only for new customers!!Crazy3

So Plusnet you're driving me into the arms of the competition as there are plenty of offers available out there and I'm sorry to be leaving all because you seem to have no policy for contract renewals and I can't speak to you on the phone anyway. Crazy2

3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Penalised for being a loyal customer

Fix

Have you tired the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving)?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Wingco39
Grafter

Thanks Mav, managed to get through to [CSA Removed] at the sales (leaving) team and we managed to sort something out.  I was wrong, it appears you do have a policy for combating competitive offers Wink

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Happy to hear you've decided to stay with us.

Let us know if you need any assistance at all.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet