Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment still not taken.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Payment still not taken.

I was billed on the 6th of this month expecting the payment to leave my bank around the 11th or 12th. It is now the 19th and I'm still waiting for that payment to go. Do you want paying?...Have I got a free month? When will you take payment?

There's more than enough funds to cover the bill and I'm getting worried about receiving letters saying I owe you payment. Could you please put my mind at rest?

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
41 REPLIES 41
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

Re: Payment still not taken.

This is all part of the current billing scandal. My bill was due on the 6th and has not yet been produced. I have to wait until Tuesday for an update. Given that the email about the delayed bill was headed "Line Rental Saver", I still don't know if they intend to bill me for this, it is not due until April 2019, or not!

Maybe I am scheduled to be part of the overcharged list to wait endlessly for a refund. The only certainty is that I seam to be heading for 2 direct debits hitting my bank in the early days of November. Incompetence or conspiracy?

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

Cheers buddy, it's not just me then. Oh for the joys of payments (or not). Conspiracy?..hmmm..maybe, to screw our heads around till we forget about it, spend the money, then get red letters. Roll_eyes

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
agedgopher
All Star

@Pete11 No problems.

My weird mind is veering off in all sorts of directions. Prime one at the moment is that the mass around billing combined with the current unease around responses to the forum topics and the obsessive desire to hold onto customer's overpayments lead to a lets take an easy way out and roll the whole operation into the BT network and let everybody sweat!

I said I had a weird mind.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I too received the email entitled “Your Line Rental Saver” which went on to say that my bill would be delayed by a few days. When I raised this on the forums, Plusnet did confirm, by ticket, that there was no LRS payment taken/about to be taken, and so I assume that there was a mix up re email titles – I saw other instances of this reported on these forums.

That delayed bill was due on 7 October and has yet to appear. I queried this on 15 October and was told, again by ticket, that my billing has been temporarily suspended while they fix some issues with invoicing on my account. I think the wrongly entitled email was meant to tell me this! I am due an update once this has been done.

My September bill had the wrong discount applied and did not have referral credits applied and so I suspect that these two matters, at least, have to be sorted.

As long as this does not lead to any further complications (such as Plusnet accusing me of not paying a bill etc.) and as long as my services are not adversely impacted, I am quite content to wait for the bill to appear sometime in the future.

Yes, all part of the current billing system upgrade!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@jgb, @Pete11

I'm sorry you're still having issues.

At the moment we're unable to bill a small number of customers, as you've been emailed. We haven't got an update on it just yet but it won't affect your services at all, and you won't get any letters about owing money. If you do have any problems please feel free to let us know and we'll investigate it asap.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro

It's not an issue as such..it's just that next time there will be 2 payments due at roughly the same time. Now I have to make sure I have the money to cover it and being on my pension isn't going to be easy.

ellythemoo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Likewise, but I am going to be hit for 3 months. It's a huge concern. I have tried paying on the phone and online, but to no avail. So I am going to have a wopping bill next month.

agedgopher
All Star

My October bill is currently 18 days late.  It looks like November will be 2 months phone and broadband and because my notification email quoted line rental saver it looks like it will be around £280.

Even the open question on my account has had no response for the last 48 hours. My account page also said, this morning, that my next bill will be 1st January 1970.

Looking forward to getting out of this mess but I will miss my BT sport. Any move will also cost me the loss of my line rental saver which still has over 5 months to run despite the threat of being charged again on my next bill, so losses all round

The other worry is that, i think, we are guaranteed a massive overcharge and then a long battle over several months to get refunds if other examples on this forum are any guide to performance.

ellythemoo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

1970! Imagine the extra 'payment failed' charges you will get then!

Plusnet have been brilliant for years, but I no longer trust them.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @agedgopher

I am sorry to hear your invoice has not yet been produced and for the inconvenience this has caused.

I have updated your ticket with a response. You can view this by Clicking Here

Should you need any further assistance, feel free to ask.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello@ellythemoo

I can see my colleague Adam has replied to your other post. You can view your ticket for the latest update by Clicking Here

Should you need any further assistance, feel free to ask.

agedgopher
All Star

@ellythemoo

I know the bill from 1970 will be big but think of the compensation for inability to provide a service for that prolonged period!

jgb
Champion

I too am still waiting for my October bill which was due on the 7th.

I have been told (ticket ~183595191) that my billing has been temporarily suspended whilst the billing department fix some issues with invoicing on my account.

This saga started on 9 September after I raised issues with my September bill with Customer Services. Tickets re this have been put on hold at least twice but there is still no resolution.

The current open ticket is #1825854192. I have added a comment to that referencing the other relevant tickets that were closed by Plusnet staff but which contain other information.

Additionally, in order to minimise my line rental costs, I need to renew my LRS before my November bill but am concerned that this might screw up Plusnet’s new billing system to an even greater extent if the current issues are not sorted.

How long is it going to take for the billing department to sort this out? Over six weeks and counting so far!

jgb
Champion

Re my post above, I now see that an "internal" note has just been added to the open ticket saying: "On hold while we await for LRS suspension issue to be fixed first so that this can be resolved"

The ticket is now on hold, yet again, until 1 November.

So, does this mean that LRS is nor renewable on my account or something else? It may be an internal note but it would be helpful if the customer could actually understand what the issues or problems are and what the implications are for them.