cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not taken, system problems, "failed.billing.plus.net" unable to access plusnet

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Payment not taken, system problems, "failed.billing.plus.net" unable to access plusnet

On the 17 Oct 2019 I updated my debit card details, received an email from Plusnet saying the details had been successfully updated. BUT....

This morning 5 Nov received an email requesting I update my payment details as Plusnet claim they have none.

As requested I log on to the Member Centre, click Billing, I try clicking to change Payment details and nothing happened the button had been greyed out.

Phoned Customer services and explained the situation, operative said he would raise a complaint and pass it on to billing as he and customers cannot talk to billing. Will be phoned later today.

Receive an email informing me a question had been raised with a number.

This evening at 20:00 I get an email telling me I haven't paid my bill and to avoid restrictions to pay the bill within 14 days....

But it would seem the restrictions have started, on clicking the link in the email I got "failed.billing.plus.net". using google to try and access the Plusnet website I got the same message.

I rang customer services to be told they were very busy and there would be a 10 minute wait, well I wasn't prepared to do that so here I am instead.

Do these failed payment notices go on our credit ratings?

I've done nothing wrong, I have an email dated 17 Oct 2019 saying the payment update had been successful, why have links in emails if they don't work, why did no one call back today, why could it not have been sorted with my initial call this morning?

4 REPLIES 4
christmas
Aspiring Pro

Re: Payment not taken, system problems, "failed.billing.plus.net" unable to access plusnet

Have tried accessing my account from the drop down at the top of the screen, but....

This site can’t be reached

www.plus.net refused to connect.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

christmas
Aspiring Pro

Re: Payment not taken, system problems, "failed.billing.plus.net" unable to access plusnet

06:00 06/11/2019

Still unable to access PlusNet website.

On firing up Google Chrome get the message...

Plusnet failed.JPG

I've found a work round, but some 'favourite' links produce the same error message.

Do PlusNet have an agreement with these other websites to bar access when PlusNet has failed to take payment or have they planted some cookie on my computer to prevent access?

Or is a another case of a tech company assuming they are never wrong and their system does not know how to cope with failure.

Why could this not have been sorted out when I phoned PlusNet yesterday, rather than raise a ticket?

christmas
Aspiring Pro

So more and more restrictions being applied despite an email sating none would be imposed for 14 days.

Phoned Customer Services/Billing made a payment over the phone, received an email acknowledging payment and change of payment details.

Now able to access PlusNet website and view my account which now confirms payment details.

Now have 3 ticket numbers and no one seems to know why the restrictions were applied as the PlusNet system showed no restrictions, but clearly when the payment was made all the restrictions were listed within minutes.

It looks like PlusNet have the ability to take control of the broadband and connections such as restricting access to BBC iplayer.

It's not the first time I've received emails from a company that make assumptions about how their system works, that its the customer at fault.

I'd like to know publicly how PlusNet took control of my Broadband account, were the sites we tried to get connect to falsely told we are bad payers.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to see this, we do have a known issue where restrictions are being applied too early in some cases. We're working to fix that and I'm sorry for any inconvenience. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team