Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not taken "because you presented payment too early"

ellythemoo
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Payment not taken "because you presented payment too early"

I have had my direct debit taken twice by Plusnet. The second time I managed to stop it and my bank refunded it thanks to the DD guarantee. I've now had emails and texts from Plusnet telling me that they have been unable to take payment "because you presented your DD too early". Live chat is unavailable and the wait time for customer services (I'm on hold) is 40 MINUTES. I've been threatened with having my service suspended because somehow it's my fault that the direct debit didn't work!

I have been with Plusnet for almost 10 years I think and recommend them to everyone. This experience is really putting me off doing so. Sad Has anyone got a better way of contacting them please?

23 REPLIES 23
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Payment not taken "because you presented payment too early"

Hi @ellythemoo,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to see you have had this experience with ourselves.

As my response contains some account specific info, I have created a ticket you can view here.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@Mads 

I think that some generic advice about how Plusnet are responding to these double billing and LRS payments would be of immense help to other users in similar circumstances.  Is there something in the pipeline?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ellythemoo
Rising Star

Well, it's now been a week and my service has apparently been suspended. The amount I owe has gone up to £44 for some reason. I have heard nothing from Plusnet. Very disappointing.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.
Moved to My Account / Billing from Broadband.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that.

I can see the request is with the right team and they'll get that picked up as soon as possible

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ellythemoo
Rising Star

Thank you - but when is it possible? This has been going on for over a week now.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi there,

I'm very sorry about the delays in getting your query resolved.

I have left a ticket on your account regarding this which can be viewed here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Well, 9 days and three separate agent responses with no obvious positive outcome?  Lips_are_sealed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ellythemoo
Rising Star

Exactly. The saga continues. I have now a bill for £73 which includes a 'failed payment fee' and a 'call bar charge', whatever that is.

You are NOT getting my money, Plusnet, until I have an answer to what has happened. My direct debit has been cancelled.

MauriceC
Resting Legend

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

I'll try giving this a little push @ellythemoo  but these billing problems have created a large backlog for the team to work through.

ellythemoo
Rising Star

Thank you Smiley

rippedoffme
Grafter

I am in the same situation - having paid up front for LRS on 20 August 2018 and subsequently being bombarded by emails from PN to pay again in Sept + today additional fees for "admin" and "call barring fee". All of this despite various assurances from PN to ignore further demands until sorted out! I find it most disturbing an

I am now being threatened with 3rd Party Debt Collection Agency action if I don't pay within 69 days.

Two questions have been raised but not answered yet. How long am I  expected to wait before resolution of a problem of your making?

Q 182675476 last comment 17 Sep

Q 182411580 last comment  Monday 1 Oct 2018

"Question [ 182411580 ] is now off hold. Our Support Team will provide a further update soon." 

Will someone please sort this out NOW

ellythemoo
Rising Star

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this too. It's so stressful.

Lo and behold, Live Chat is unavailable now.

ellythemoo
Rising Star

This goes on and on.

I had an email from Plusnet saying they'd successfully taken £73 from me via direct debit - THE AMOUNT WHICH I WAS PROMISED WOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS MY BILL WOULD BE CREDITED. 2 minutes later, oh, no we didn't take it "because the identifier was incorrect". I set the direct debit up again on your website, Plusnet, so any "identifier" issue is YOURS.

I check my bills - no mention of the promised credit.

And I'm waiting for Livechat to come up again.

Once my contract is up, I'm leaving.