Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not showing on Bank Statement

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Payment not showing on Bank Statement

@NGC6888

Thank you for that information. I do seem to be in exactly the same situation as the payment shows up in my Member's Centre as having been paid despite not leaving my bank account. I have asked Plusnet several times about this and I have received no definitive answer. It would be nice to know one way or the other what Plusnet intend to do and draw a line under this issue.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks @NGC6888, my last question opened on this was towards the end of November after I received my next invoice, when I was told via webchat that Billing Operations were working on it and I would be contacted when they knew more.

However, the ticket got closed some hours later the same day by someone else who wrote:

"The payment for your October bill was taken on the 02/11/18 for the amount of £23.49. If this is not showing on your transactions please contact your bank for them to investigate this further".

So, I did ring my bank and, of course, they were able to confirm that no request had been sent to them. As the question had by then been closed, I was unable to reply to tell her that and, as webchat wasn't available for the rest of the day (at least the several times I looked), I gave up!

Since then I just come to this forum to see what's happening or not.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Mad_Moggies

Thanks for getting back in touch and I do understand your concern here.

I have not come across this particular situation before however I will speak with a member of our Billing Team on Monday to get to the bottom of this for you.

In the meantime I apologise and will get back to you on Monday with further information.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks, @Warwick. If you read through this topic, you will see that there are several of us with this exact problem, all with bills dated 26th October and payments due 2nd November, which show on our accounts as having been paid but which haven't yet been taken by direct debit from our bank accounts and are actually stuck in the system, with the Billing team still trying to sort it out. November bill payments have gone through as normal in December.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Mad_Moggies thanks for getting back to us and sorry for any confusion caused.

This is a known issue that has affected some customer accounts and our Billing department are still working on a fix for the affected accounts. Once this issue is resolved the affected customers will be notified.

My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

jgb
Champion

@LaurenB

Re post 71, thank you for the response that you added to my ticket. Unfortunately things have not resolved as you suggested since my January 7th  bill has not appeared. I have added some comments to the ticket to try to find out exactly what is going on and what Plusnet now intend to do to rectify matters. 

There have been billing issues on my account for five months now (ever since this new system appeared). This level of service is totally unacceptable.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @jgb, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry this still seems to not be resolved as of yet. We will look into this for you and update you via the open support ticket once we have some further information.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this is causing

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @jgb, thanks for your patience.

We have raised your issue back to our Billing Department for a further update and as soon as we receive any further information we will let you know accordingly. Once again, I am really sorry for the inconvenience this is causing and I hope we can resolve this shortly for you.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @jgb, we've had a response back from billing to say your invoice should be generated within the next 24 hours. It looks as if the account was never fully unsuspended following on from the email you received back in December to say they had rectified the issues you were facing with the bills.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused but I'd expect you to receive some notification in relation to your most recent invoice shortly.

Let us know if you require any further assistance

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Two weeks on from the last reply and still no news on the 26th October bill/2nd November payment direct debits not being taken from our bank accounts.

Has there been ANY progress on sorting this out?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Mad_Moggies,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am very sorry to see this issue is still affecting you and I apologise for the frustration caused. I'm afraid we do not have any further updates just yet, we'll notify customers who are affected by this once we do.

Thanks.

jgb
Champion

@abails0105 

Re your post 84 above, my January bill has now been generated and, assuming the direct debit payment goes through as expected, that will sort out the LRS issue on my billing.

However, you will note that I say “assuming that the direct debit goes through as expected”, as I still have the other issue outstanding exactly the same as @Mad_Moggies . Namely, my 26 October bill payment (delayed from 7 October), due to be taken from my bank account on 2 November has still not been taken. I have added a reminder to the open ticket re this and hopefully will get a definitive answer regarding what Plusnet intend to do about this in the not too distant future….but I am not holding my breath!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @jgb

Sorry for the issues you're experiencing.

I can see you've commented on the support ticket with our billing team and they're monitoring the situation, though I suspect that if billing has been resumed on your account as evidenced by your January invoice, and if there's no sign of the October invoice I suspect we won't be able to take it, as we can't manually generate an invoice since the system is automated.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Another week, and still no sign of the stuck November 2nd direct debit payments for October 26th bills being fixed and the payments being taken. That's 11 weeks late and still counting.
I'm assuming no-one else with this problem has heard anything either.

jgb
Champion

Hi @Mad_Moggies, like you the stuck November 2nd direct debit  payment has still not been taken from my bank account although my latest one has gone through without a problem.

NGC6888's post 75 on this thread is interesting as is @Gandalf 's reply to me at post 88. If Plusnet really are writing these failed payments off, it would be nice if they would do so formally and, in my case, reply to that effect to my open ticket so that I have a record of it.

Conversely if they are still intending to pursue these payments, a definitive answer is needed with some idea of how and when they will do so.

Interestingly, for my latest invoice, I noted on my Member Centre that the payment was shown as having been made days before the direct debit actually left my account (which it did on the expected day). In fact, the payment was shown on the Members Centre the day after the invoice was raised if I recall correctly. If that is the way the system works then the payments shown on the Member Centre anticipate receipt of the money rather than actually record a successful conclusion of the billing process on receipt of the direct debit payment. Perhaps Plusnet would like to comment on this aspect of the new billing system, although, given the general silence on all other issues associated with it, I will not hold my breath.