Payment not showing on Bank Statement

NGC6888
Hooked

Re: Payment not showing on Bank Statement

I'm still waiting too.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I haven't even got any tickets open on it. The only one I found was after the Live Chat session I had on Monday 12th November and was closed before I saw it as the chat agent didn't think there was anything to worry about.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Mad_Moggies

I have two tickets open.

The first was started on 21 September and initially dealt with referrals problems originally raised with Plusnet on 8 September. This has been added to since then to include this issue regarding the direct debit not taken and also the LRS payment of 1 November being added to my account as a credit meaning that my latest bill (dated 7 November) did not require any payment.

The second was started by Plusnet on 11 November by one of the Plusnet Help Team picking up a post on the forum. This again deals with the direct debit payment issue and the LRS issue.

There have been no substantive or informative comments by Plusnet on either ticket on either issue. 

It would be helpful if Plusnet would actually let me and others affected know what is going on; what the likely fix will be; and what the likely timescale to resolution will be. But I suspect that is beyond them as the new billing system seems to have introduced all sorts of unintended consequences judging by the number and variety of billing complaints on these forums.

Perhaps @MasterOfReality or one of the other staff members (see post 41 above) can pick this up and advise us.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Direct Debit due 2nd November has still not gone from my bank account and I've now had my November bill with it showing as having been paid.
Before I got the bill, I posted on Plusnet's Facebook page about the problem and just got referred back to this Forum topic as being where I would find the most up-to-date information.
Whatever has happened to Plusnet for it to get into such a mess with their billing system (not just this problem but I've read about other people's far worse problems)?

NGC6888
Hooked

I've also got my November bill showing that the October bill was paid but the money has not yet been taken from my bank account.  Waiting to see if the money will be debited from my account for the November bill, which is due to occur on the 30th.

Swordfish

My DD payment is still not drawn from the bank for the October bill, due to "be taken on or around 02-11-2018".

However the November bill charges breakdown has entry for Payment on 02-11-2018 and the November payment, "due to be taken on or around 23-11-2018", has now been taken today.  Or could it have been the October payment and now the November one is outstanding?

I assume that the October payment it is still "stuck in our back end systems" as @MasterOfReality put it earlier.

jgb
Champion

@Swordfish

Same here, still no payment taken from my bank account and still a deafening silence from Plusnet to the tickets on my account that deal with this issue and with another billing problem.

These issues are not the customers' fault. It is Plusnet's new chaotic billing system that is to blame. I want some guarantees from Plusnet that neither they nor their systems will give us any aggravation regarding delayed payments etc.,where direct debit mandates are in place and where it is Plusnet that cannot seem to get their act together 

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

This morning I got through to online chat and the agent opened a new Question for me, to keep me up to date. Just went to have a look at it again, and find it's been closed, like my previous Question after my previous online chat, this time by a CSC Analyst who replied to it during the afternoon. I only got the email it has been closed since I started writing this post!
(Edit: Checking out the full email headers, the delay was between the first two servers within Plusnet's system. Hmmm.)

It's as though Plusnet are denying there's any problem.

This is the message that has closed the Question which was supposed to be a point of contact so they could let me know what's happening.

Xxxxxx Xxxxxx - CSC Analyst

4:45pm, Wednesday 28 Nov 2018
Dear X Xxxxx,

The payment for your October bill was taken on the 02/11/18 for the amount of £XX.XX. If this is not showing on your transactions please contact your bank for them to investigate this further.

Should you have any problems then please give us a call on 0800 432 0200.

Kind regards,
Xxxxxx Xxxxxx

[Email notification sent to: xxxxx@xxxxx]

Well, I just rang my bank and checked with them and they definitely haven't had the 2nd November payment request through, so I've done as requested and will just leave it now till my next payment is due to go out of my account, which is 3rd December, and see what happens then.

jgb
Champion

Earlier today I had a response to one of the open tickets on my account – perhaps because I complained here about lack of information. However, the response is somewhat limited – viz. “Thank you for getting in touch. I can confirm that we are aware of this issue and this will be corrected shortly.” I have replied clarifying that there are in fact two issues with billing on my account and also saying that I do not want any aggravation about late payment etc., as this is all Plusnet’s fault. I don’t think that Plusnet are denying that there are the billing issues, but rather that they are so overwhelmed by the number of issues and accounts affected.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@jgb did you read above, the reply that was added to my one Open Question before it was closed this afternoon, less than half a day after it had been opened for me by a chat agent who said it would be a point of contact for me about this problem?

The CSC person wrote that Plusnet have had my October bill payment (due November 2nd) and I would have to contact my bank to find out why it hasn't gone from my account. So unless it's only been taken today and will show on my account tomorrow morning (as my bank updates that sort of transaction at the end of the day), then they are denying there's a problem, or at least the person who closed my question is!

I know other people are having far worse billing problems but I feel as though I'm being left in limbo, banging my head against a brick wall, and am fed up with it all.

jgb
Champion

@Mad_Moggies

Judging by the responses I have had on billing issues since early September, the front line Customer Service staff do not delve deeply to find out what is wrong. They will only look at your account, as you can, and see that a payment has allegedly been made/taken. You need a Billing Department staff member to look  and reply to see what is really going on.

Bear in mind that the new system shows payments made on the expected day -  e.g. in September, my account showed the payment made before it had actually left my bank account! That date was the anticipated date as set out in Plusnet's "Your Bill is Ready..." email and I suspect that was the day that Plusnet asked my bank for the money. I do not think the new system actually then checks back to see if the direct debit request was actually made and the money paid over by the bank. Anyway, I am inclined to believe my bank's accounting system rather than Plusnet's new billing system. Also, we have @MasterOfReality statement at post 34 above saying that Plusnet are aware that the payment was 'stuck in our back end systems' which acknowledges that Plusnet are aware of this issue affecting a number of accounts, mainly (or exclusively??) those billed on 2 November.

It is certainly true that Plusnet are not being very forthcoming about what is going on regarding these billing problems. I have complained on these forums about that. Any responses I have had have been very terse and uninformative - one response to a ticket even was blank with only a billing team member's signature! As I say they are probably overwhelmed and also too embarrassed to come clean.

As you say it will be interesting to see what happens with the next bill. Mine is due on 7 December, if it is on time!

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@jgb when I had my online chat this morning I was told the Billing dept had been informed but it looks to me as though this other person jumped in and closed the Question without realising why it had been opened, so I no longer have the 'point of contact' with the Billing Dept that was created for me just a few hours earlier.
This is the relevant part of my online chat:
Me: I know this is being investigated for several customers but am I included as there's no open ticket about it. Last ticket was closed before I saw it so I couldn't add anything as time went on.
Agent: yes our Billing Operations team have been made aware
Agent: I can open a ticket with them if you like to give you a point of contact if needed?
Me: That would be helpful, yes.
Me: I've only been finding out about it via the Forum.
Agent: ah okay no problem, I will do that now and send you an email with the reference

So, I was pleased with that outcome, till I read the reply added to the Question this afternoon.

Looking at my Plusnet account this morning, I noticed that my November bill payment is showing in the list now with its payment date of 3rd December, so I'm assuming the DD request has been sent to the bank for that now. At least I will know which payment has been made and when, as the October bill had an 'Adjustment' for something I'd queried on my September bill, but my November bill is back to the usual amount.

My current contract ends in January and I will need to sort out a discount on a new one before then. Just hope the phone number for sorting that out isn't suffering from the delays in answering that so many people are encountering.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Mad_Moggies, I am sorry for the unsatisfactory reply there but glad to hear its getting sorted. Please get back in touch if there is anything further we can help with.

NGC6888
Hooked

@Mads :  That is only one person sorted, there are still several of us who have the same problem.  Today PlusNet took the money out of my bank account for the November bill, but have still yet to take the money for the October bill.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@NGC6888, mine's not been sorted yet though, just that I now know I'm officially down as one of those with the 'stuck' 26th October Bill/2nd November Direct Debit issue, rather than it being a problem with my bank.
Waiting now for Monday to see if my November bill, due to be paid 3rd December, goes out of my bank account OK.