Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not showing on Bank Statement

acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Payment not showing on Bank Statement

I am in the same position with the Direct Debit due to be debited on 2 November not having taken from my bank account. I raised the matter with support using Live Chat only to be told that according to Plusnet's system the bill has been paid. My bank account definitely has not been debited.

Added 16 Nov:-

Have just received my next bill which shows last month's payment has been credited to the account (but never debited from my bank account). It also shows a discount which I was not aware of. I have found ticket 183995886 which gives me the discount for 12 months. Could someone from Plusnet confirm this is correct and not just another billing error. I was looking to move ISP's next month and if this discount is correct then I will be staying with Plusnet.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I posted about this on Plusnet's Facebook page last night and got a reply this morning. Not much help as it just references what the online chat person told me - that it's just a matter of time.
I've replied, querying if Billing HAVE been contacted, as the online chat agent told me she would keep an eye on it and would contact Billing if the payment hadn't cleared within a couple of days.
I emphasised that there are several of us in EXACTLY the same position and that it's highly unlikely that we are all with the same bank.
I was going to try online chat again but every time I've looked it's been 'unavailable'.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I am getting increasingly annoyed that Plusnet will not respond either on these Forums (e.g, there has been no further response from @MasterOfReality since his post no.24 on this thread on Tuesday) or to tickets - I have two tickets which, amongst other billing issues, refer to this specific problem and there has been no meaningful response on either ticket.

One ticket, was opened on 21 September in reference to another billing problem and updated on 8 November to include this issue. The other was opened by a Plusnet Help Team Member on 11 November following my comments on the forums. The Billing Department have not responded to either. Some of my billing issues date back to early September some 10 weeks ago and Plusnet have not bothered to respond in any meaningful way.

Even allowing for the number of tickets that must be generated by billing issues since the introduction of the new system (simply judging by the numbers of the two tickets on my account), this is appalling customer service. 

Come on Plusnet - "Do us proud" as you like to boast in your adverts or should we also complain to the Advertising Standards Authority about those!

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi everybody. 

Apologies for the delay in providing an update. 

I had a reply from the example I sent off (I can't confirm if it was one of you which was used or not i'm afraid) and it stated that the payment was 'stuck in our back end systems'. This was not the most helpful piece of information as trying to relay that to you all as an "update" would have been less than useful. 

I am currently trying to get further information and an actual update on what is going on with these payments. 

I really am sorry that it's taking so long to get you all up to speed. 

Currently searching through our IMTs (as well as waiting on replies to some chase messages) to see if i can gather some more information. 

I'll update this thread again today even if I have no fresh info just to keep you all in the loop (despite having to do so in a very vague way...I' m sure you can all understand why i can't provide specifics on here).

Thanks all,

MoR

jgb
Champion

@MasterOfReality Thank you for the update.

That seems to infer that the direct debit requests have never been sent to the banks by Plusnet and so blame lies squarely with Plusnet.

I hope that you are able to get the more useful information that you are seeking from your Billing Department colleagues.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks for the update @MasterOfReality.
These things happen, so I hope all the system needs is a kick up the 'back end' to get things moving again. 😄

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again guys, 

So. 

I have managed to have a conversation with one our our Operational Implementation Leads (basically, somebody very high up that I probably shouldn't have directly messaged, but I needed to get you guys some form of good news before the weekend). 

He told me that this issue has, this morning, been passed to our "Incident Team" and a clean up operation has been launched.

That's all he was able to divulge to me at the moment in time. 

Now, that may not sound like "good news" - but trust me, it's more than I was expecting to find out on a Friday afternoon. It means that the issue has now been classed as an Incident, and is being dealt with by the correct team - rather than being sat with the Billing Department as a whole. 

I don't think I'll be able to get more info than this, as it's now going to be dealt with on an account by account basis for affected customers, as far as I can make out. 

Thanks for your patience everyone, i understand it's going to be frustrating, but please give us a bit more whilst the right people sort this out. 

All the best, 

MoR

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Many thanks @MasterOfReality - much appreciated!

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Thanks for getting this recognised, at last, as something that need fixing!

jgb
Champion

@MasterOfReality Thank you for the update. Hopefully there will now be progress to resolution, and individuals customers told it will affect them.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@jgb @Mad_Moggies @flanzm - no worries. 

@all - i've made the rest of the guys (staff) aware of this as well so that we are all on the same page. 

I hope it doesn't take too long for our Incident Team to sort out. 

Thanks all,

MoR

NGC6888
Hooked

Hope you get it sorted soon - good luck.  I don't usually like money being taken from my account but will make an exception this time if/when you get it sorted Smiley

Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Wrong forum

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Just wondering. 🤔
Has anyone had their 2nd November payment taken or are you all still waiting for it to go out?

jgb
Champion

@Mad_Moggies

Nothing taken here and nothing added by Plusnet to my tickets.