Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment not showing on Bank Statement

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Payment not showing on Bank Statement

@Mad_Moggies

Snap. I am in exactly the same position.

There are a number of posts on these forums regarding DD payments not being taken. One common theme seems to be that the expected date that the payment would be taken was 2 November!

I think we need some definitive statement from Plusnet regarding this. I have had no substantive response to the tickets on my account re this issue (and others with the billing on my account). There have been various billing issues since 7 September and Plusnet do not seem able to sort things out. 

I too do not want any aggravation from Plusnet regarding non payment as all this is Plusnet's fault and most definitely not my fault.

mattcha

I'm also having the same problem. My bill for October was late (got an email to apologise), the due date when the bill was finally generated was 2nd November. As yet nothing has been requested from my bank since 1st October (which was for September's bill).

When Plusnet sort out the billing I would like to remind them to generate a new bill with a new payment date on it. I wouldn't want Plusnet breaking the direct debit rules!

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I eventually tried Plusnet's online chat about this problem yesterday afternoon (as it was showing as available for once!).
The person I 'spoke' to said that it all looks fine at Plusnet's end and they're just waiting for the bank to process the payment.
I mentioned that from the Forum here I knew that there are several of us whose payments were due to be taken on the same date, 2nd November, but they still had not gone from our bank accounts. She said delays like this do sometimes happen and it's nothing to worry about but that she would keep checking and would contact the billing department if it still hasn't been paid.

P.S. The payment still hasn't gone through as of this morning.

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
jgb
Champion

@Mad_Moggies

I too am still waiting for the payment to appear on my bank website. Did the person you spoke to say if they were waiting for Plusnet's bank to process the request or for the customers's banks to respond? I suspect the former as it would be too much of a coincidence for several different customers' banks to all be similarly delayed.

As you say, the various examples of this that are on these forums all seem to have one or both of the following in common:

--bill produced on 26 October (delayed bills?)

--payment expected to be taken on 2 November.

Also, the payment shows on the payments list on the "View Bills" page in the Members Centre.

In my case billing on my account had been suspended following issues with the September bill following the introduction of the wonderful new billing system while Plusnet supposedly sorted things out. The Bill where payment has still to be made was the first (late) bill produced after that. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Anyway, Plusnet have all the details on tickets on my account and there has been a deafening silence from them on that front. 

mattcha

Companies always blame the bank when they don’t know what’s happened! Thankfully I work for the bank the direct debit comes out of and can say for sure that Plusnet haven’t sent any payment requests.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@jgb, that's a good point. She just said 'the bank', which presumably means Plusnet's bank hasn't yet done what it should have done.

Payment shows up on my account pages as having been taken too.

My bill is usually dated 25th but I see that the latest was also dated 26th October, the same as everyone else here with this problem. However, I think the delay was just caused by the general backlog. I did have a minor query on my September bill (which arrived on time) but that was sorted out.

jgb
Champion

@Mad_Moggies

I suspect that it is Plusnet's systems that have not "spoken" to their bank rather than the bank not doing something.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

@jgb well, if it's a fault in Plusnet's system, the bank still hasn't done anything as it wasn't instructed to do anything! 😉

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi All. 

So - we are taking another look at this as it seems to be cropping up in other places apart from this thread. 

I've just got off the phone to one of our back end guys who collates examples and then raises it to billing. 

should get a reply from this tomorrow - as soon as i do i will update this thread with (i hope) some fresh information. 

Thanks for all your patience on this. 

All the best, 

MoR

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

@MasterOfReality Is there any update on this yet.  Something has clearly gone wrong with collecting payments from bills raised on 26th October, with a DD date of 2nd November.

Raising correct invoices and collecting money from people's bank accounts is a pretty fundamental requirement of a billing system and running a business.  How on earth did this new billing system pass user acceptance testing ?

Please can you also give some clear guidance on how to proceed with Line Rental Saver - there are many examples on here of LRS payments simply being treated as a credit balance and it going wrong.  I am avoiding renewing my LRS payment for the moment as I'm worried it's going to break your fragile billing system.

Maybe if you told us what activities to avoid we could all help you avoid problems.

jgb
Champion

@flanzm

@MasterOfReality

I fully agree that it would be very useful if Plusnet would tell us, the customers, what is actually going on and, as you say, @flanzm perhaps by doing so could help avoid compounding problems.

There has been a woeful lack of official information from Plusnet in response to problems identified on these forums. In my case, there has also been a similar lack of substantive and informative responses to tickets on my account regarding billing errors since early September following the introduction of the new billing system.

At present I am awaiting responses to questions regarding payments not being taken from my bank account (yes, the bill in question was raised on 26 October and the payment should have been taken on 2 November); and regarding my LRS payment of 1 November being credited to my account balance (although it also appears to have renewed my LRS for another year!), resulting in a large credit balance and no bill to pay for my November 7 bill. If nothing else I would have thought that this might have spurred the Billing Department into action!

All I ever see on these forums is the Plusnet Help Team members saying that things have been referred to the Billing Department and that we will get a reply from them….when, if ever?

On the tickets, the Plusnet Team Members add references regarding Forum threads, or the tickets are put on hold awaiting some event or other.There are no proper responses.

It is only common courtesy for Plusnet to tell affected customers what is going on, although it might be too embarrassing to actually admit to the failures and shortcoming of the much vaunted new billing system.

As I have said before, the one thing that Plusnet better not do is to add aggravation to the present issues by chasing  for failed payments when all these issues are their fault and not the fault of customers.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I didn't even have a ticket opened by Customer Support when I contacted Plusnet via online chat, so the only record I have is the email sent over after the chat.

However, on that I was told by the 'agent' that as my account shows that the bill has been paid, even though it hasn't yet been taken from my bank account, I most definitely would not be liable for 'failed payment' or any other charges. I did alert her to the fact that there were several of us with 2nd Nov payment dates who were affected by this so she said she would keep an eye on it and contact billing if it hadn't been paid in a day or two, but I have no idea if she has done this.

jgb
Champion

@Mad_Moggies

According to the “View your payments” link on the Billing page of the Member Centre, my bill has also been paid although no monies have been taken from my bank account. As far as I can see the entries in the “View your payments” list reflect the date when the payment is expected to be taken (according to the email sent out once the bill is ready to view) rather than any actual date when the direct debit payment is taken or received by Plusnet. So, yes my bill has been paid according to Plusnet’s systems but….!

Note that the previous billing system only showed the bill as paid (i.e. zero balance) once the direct debit was taken and the payment was in Plusnet’s hands.

As I see it the potential problem is that it is Plusnet’s systems that precipitate the move into failed billing and all the issues that can then occur, and, at present, I have very little faith in Plusnet’s systems, and Plusnet are doing nothing to convince me otherwise.

Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

I agree. The online chat agent said she could see I had 'paid' (which I obviously hadn't) and that there was no way I would be charged for a late payment but I'm not 100% convinced it works like that.

This is the relevant snippet (with names removed):

"My Real Name: I was just concerned that I might get a late payment charge added if it hasn't gone through this week.

Agent: Oh no, not at all! On our end, we can see that the payment has been taken. There are not outstanding amounts on your account.

Agent: Everything is up-to-date"

NGC6888
Hooked

I'm having the same problem.  I got an email on the 19th October saying my bill was going to be delayed. It appeared on the 26th October saying the money would be taken from my bank account on the 2nd November.  This has not yet happened, even though my Plusnet account indicates that the payment has been cleared. 

I rang customer service who's advice was to wait and see what happens when I get the November bill - a bit of a vague answer, leaving me wondering if Plusnet have any real grip on what's going on, especially when it appears that there are quite a few customers in the same boat.