Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Request for Service I'm Not Using

Judith1
Hooked

Payment Request for Service I'm Not Using

Hi,

I Keep receiving e-mails from you saying that I owe you money for a service that I am no longer using.

As your costs for services kept spiralling, I decided to leave and signed up with Sky.  My transfer went through on 21st July this year, so I cancelled my direct debit and you are still trying to charge me for a service that I am no longer using.

Please cancel my service please and my account as I don't want to keep receiving e-mails from you telling me that I owe you money for a service I am not using when I don't.

Thank you

14 REPLIES 14
Judith1
Hooked

Re: Payment Request for Service I'm Not Using

Hi,

I see that you have moved my post - so please could someone from Plusnet actually respond to it?

I am not paying for a service that I am no longer using - I am paying Sky now and not Plusnet, so please could you cancel my account and service?

Please act promptly.

Thanks

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,

It appears that Sky may have taken the phone service but not broadband. Do you still have your Plusnet router plugged in as you're still connected to us. We've also received no requests for the broadband to transfer out, so the current payment is due until the service leaves us.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Judith1
Hooked

Okay,

I have paid the outstanding bill and I am now formally requesting that you cancel my broadband and my account with you.

Thanks

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If the broadband is cancelled you won't have it at all

Why don't you get Sky to initiate the transfer which I assume is what they were supposed to do in the first place

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

This all sounds a bit odd to me!

I can't see how it would be possible to request a transfer of just the phone to SKY ?

So assuming SKY are meant to be transferring both Braodband and phone :-

if it's an ADSL connection then SKY are LLU providers and so the jumpering will have been changed at the exchange , so how can the PlusNet ADSL still be working ?

if it's Fibre, then SKY still use BT provided FTTC so presumably that will still be connected at the cab. Does the fact that the PN broadband still works mean that the routing hasn't been changed somewhere ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

I believe that at some exchanges Sky don't have an LLU presence so use the BT network rather than their own equipment.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Whilst that used to be true Chris, I thought that they now were only willing to provide broadband if you were capable of using their LLU network

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I'm not sure that's something we can answer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I wasn't expecting any answer.

Judith1
Hooked

Both Sky and BT do offer phone only packages, so you don't need to take up the broadband at all.

I did have both fibre broadband and phone with Plusnet, but for various reasons I don't need the broadband at present, but do need the phone.  Plusnet do not offer phone only packages, but they do offer broadband only packages, which is why when Sky took over the phone line, the Plusnet broadband was still active, because the whole package was not cancelled, just the phone was requested through Sky.

If I want fibre broadband again, then I will go with Sky, it makes sense - Plusnet are just too expensive these days.

Chris
Legend

That explains why the service is still with us then, as Sky did not request this to be transferred and we've received no cancellation request for the broadband service, I can see you've spoken to one of my colleagues but unfortunately they seem to have mis-advised you on this slightly and I'll make sure to update the ticket shortly, you'll receive email confirmation of this once I've done so.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Both Sky and BT do offer phone only packages

I stand corrected!. I knew that BT would, but I'm amazed that SKY would offer anything other than a Braodband and phone package.

Judith1
Hooked

I spoke to someone at Plusnet yesterday in the cancellations department and requested that they cancel my package and account.

In what way was I misadvised?

Chris
Legend

They have closed your account, the amount of refund you were due they advised was incorrect. You should have received an email from us earlier today confirming the actual amount of refund due.