cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Reminder

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Payment Reminder

@Satss, since you dealt with my discount issues, would you be able to help again.

This morning I received an email of 'Payment Reminder' billed at £15.98. Oddly a payment was due on 4th June yet I got the email today on 11th June.

Also this morning my DD went out for the monthly bill which was at £24.01. In my mind it seems the 2x £7.99 refunds I received, now PlusNet wants it's back eg. £15.98. Or when my bill came in it was £24.01 if I added £15.98 it would come to £39.99.

Before I make a payment I would like to see what it really is for as I don't owe PlusNet money as my bills are always payed on time every time.

It will also seem that I have a restricted internet connection as of this!. I can't access PlusNet to look at my account cause I get 'failed billing plus net apps payment' or 'refused to connect'.

19 REPLIES 19
hst125scorton1
Grafter

Re: Payment Reminder

I would like a reply into this matter please, I can't access websites I use daily use to restrictions. I can't even access PlusNet to login to pay either.. but before I pay I would like to know what this £15.98 is.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Whist you await a response from Plusnet staff, have you tried clicking the link to CONTINUE on the please pay your bill splash page?  There is history of people missing this option … and also of the option not working when clicked.  The latter points to a distinct issue which does not always get cleared when the bill has been paid.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hst125scorton1
Grafter

I've not had this page or the splash page. I can't access the main plusnet website to be able to login and pay because the connection is refused.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry, in this technical world, terminology is too easy to create confusion.  Exactly what do you mean by "connection is refused"?

Where do you see this?  Is this your router refusing to connect (that might be a different issue)?

How are you connecting to the forum?  If on the same device, it seems off that you can access the forum, but not the Plusnet portal.

Do you have any means of accessing the internet other than over your Plusnet line, for example from work or on a phone?  If yes can you access the portal here - https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

hst125scorton1
Grafter

See attached image, this is what I get when trying to load PlusNet and around several other sites I use regularly. This same error also happens on my phone too.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

For me failed.billing.plus.net/ immediately redirects to https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

Can you connect direct to that link?

@Gandalf is some dark magic required here?  On the face of it the link to the 'failed billing' (payment) service does not appear to work for this user.  Can you discern the reason please?

hst125scorton1
Grafter

And from that link see attached image..

I've access my account via my phone under 4G.. after looking at the bill on 04-06-2019 the total cost was £24.01, -£15.98 for 2x £7.99 refunds. The payment required is £15.98 or face a limited service or cut off... This tells me that it wants the refunds back..

As I say I'm more than happy to pay but I want to know why its happened and what it's actually for as there is no other details.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

hst125scorton1
Grafter

Just for the sake of things I've paid the £15.98. But I would like this to still be investigated please.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Can you now get in?

I have raised this generic issue in the SU space.  Hopefully one of the staff will pick up the account charges issues.

hst125scorton1
Grafter

After rebooting the router I'm now back online without restrictions and in my PlusNet account. But as I was going into billing this page arrived. First time I've seen this although I've just paid, it says to disconnect and reconnect from the internet to resume service, this now won't clear.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Have you done the further disconnect and reboot the router?

If yes, then this sounds like the historical (I thought it was fixed) issue where the failed billing status sticks to the IP address.

To get around this problem, find out what your current IP address is by looking in the router PPP session details.  If you can get a connection - this will tell you too https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Then switch off the router, have a coffee, watch a bit of TV, walk the dog or anything else to allow 70 minutes to pass.

Then switch the router back on again - hopefully you should get a different IP address and all should be OK.

If that does not work, please post back so that the staff can look at other solutions.

hst125scorton1
Grafter

My IP is a Static IP address so will get the same one back each time.. Another £5 to take the Add-On off and put it back on..

The world ain't free anymore!. But I'm happy to report all other sites I use are now working perfectly apart from my account on PlusNet..

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ah a static IP address - different ball game.

Some magic needed here - wonder if @Gandalf is still around today?