cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying by debit card

Alfiewoo

Paying by debit card

Is there a way to pay my bill by debit card? The inflexible direct debit system operated by Plusnet drives me insane! It's the only company I deal with which doesn't allow flexibility to change the DD collection date 
I registered my debit card in the hope that I could make payments this way (whilst keeping the current DD in place to avoid the £1.50 charge). However, despite the site saying I can make an additional payment there is no way of doing this?
I want to pay an amount which coincides when I get paid, if there is a credit balance on the account when the DD is due would this mean the DD doesn't get collected?
5 REPLIES 5
Alfiewoo

Re: Paying by debit card

I've just checked my bank account and I seem to have a payment of £1.01 reserved for PN. I'm assuming this is due to me registering my debit card? However, there was nothing to say this would happen!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi,
The £1.01 is indeed the reserved amount, we don't take this from your account though.
Unfortunately our current billing system doesn't allow for changes of billing dates.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alfiewoo

Thanks Chris but this doesn't answer the whole question about making a payment via debit card!
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

You don't really want to pay by Debit card!  :Far too wide open.
For most purposes it would be like saying "My wallet is on the table, take whatever you want, when you need it"  - it's treated like an immediate payment in cash with little of the protection offered by Credit Card legislation.
Much better if PN speed up the implementation of their new Finance system and take electronic payments like most other businesses do these days.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you have a card on your account with no other method of payment (direct debit) then we'll use that on your billing date to take any outstanding amounts. Our billing system isn't the most flexible at the moment so there isn't a way to pay your bill in advance online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.