cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Market 1 Rates on a Market 2 Exchange!

Spruance
Grafter

Paying Market 1 Rates on a Market 2 Exchange!

I currently have BT's Anytime calls plan and get my broadband from Plusnet (PN) but having checked out the new PN price plans released today it looks like I could be considerably better off switching everything to PN. I am also quite interested in the Line Rental Saver option and whilst I realise that this has to be set up online I phoned PN Support a few minutes ago just to clarify a few points.
During the conversation with PN Support the (very helpful) operator said that the prices quoted on the website were for Market 2 or 3 customers and that I should bear in mind that my local exchange had an Ofcom Market 1 classification and so the costs would be higher. However, whilst it was once a Market 1 exchange, this is no longer the case. Boston http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EMBOSTO is an Ofcom Market 2 exchange as both Sky and Talk Talk offer LLU services. After checking the PN operator confirmed that Boston was indeed a Market 2 exchange and said that if I would prefer to stay on my existing package that he could reduce my existing pricing to Market 2 levels. However my interest is in the unlimited nature of the new product as I now have a 'smart' TV and have just today started using Sky' TV's on demand services which is eating up my bandwidth at a rate of knots!
However, the question that immediately springs to mind is how long have I being paying Market 1 rates on a Market 2 exchange, and should I not receive some sort of refund?
My present package is Plusnet Extra with a monthly bandwidth allocation of 60Gb and for which I pay £17.99 whereas I suspect that the Market 2 price would have been somewhat less.
Perhaps someone could have a look at this for me.
My PN username is PIERIS
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Spruance
Grafter

Re: Paying Market 1 Rates on a Market 2 Exchange!

Just a short follow-up to say that following on from my previous conversation with PN Support a series of Support Questions were raised on my account the upshot of which being that PN now officially recognise that I am properly on a Market 2 classification exchange.
Subsequent to this I received an automated email inviting me to complete a Customer Feedback Survey but unfortunately the provided link doesn't work, returning only a 404 Web Page Not Found response.
If someone can provide the correct version of the link : http://www.plus.net/survey_voice I would welcome the opportunity to provide feedback.  Smiley
James
Grafter

Hi Spruance,
There's a problem currently with our survey emails which should be fixed after the Christmas break.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YX9VLRL should work.
Spruance
Grafter

Thanks James  Smiley