Did you mean: 

Passing plusnet broadband to a Tennant

Portishead200
Grafter

Passing plusnet broadband to a Tennant

In theory
If I let my house out and a Tennant moved in,
Can you sign or transfer the broadband over to them subject to plusnet t&cs
Or do I literally have to end my contract and pay a termination fee ?
What are the options here?
7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Passing plusnet broadband to a Tennant

@Portishead200 . If you need to transfer the account to them, then yes, you would have to cancel and pay the ETCs. As I assume you don't personally know who you would be letting to, that is the only option.

John
Portishead200
Grafter

That's a shame. I bet it takes ages for someone new to get signed up to a new provider.
What are the etc's ?
jab1
Legend

Would the tenants (prospective) want to go with Plusnet - or someone else? If there is a phone-line at the property and you have cancelled the connection a short time before new people move in, it should not take more than a couple of weeks - if the gap is longer, it may take longer as the line could have been stopped and its' physical connection used for someone else, and if they expect/need an FTTC connection then engineer availability to make the connection at the cab could be a further issue.

ETC = Early Termination Charges.

John
Portishead200
Grafter

A couple of weeks.....still ! In this day and age. I could go on a full 2 weeks holiday to Disney florida in that time
Absolutely Shocking !!!
I wondered what the etc fee was ££
jab1
Legend

The time is kind of 'set' due to OFCOM rules, and as I said, engineer availability if it is an FTTC connection.

Your ETC's are, I believe available somewhere in your Members Centre - probably somewhere in 'Manage Account', but I can't be sure as I am no longer a PN subscriber.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @Portishead200

I'm afraid we can't change the account holder's name due to data protection unless in very specific circumstances.

If you're out of contract or happy to pay a termination fee either way, rather than cancel your account to cease your line, an alternative would be to simply create a new account to takeover your existing line, just like if you were moving provider.

Once you've begun that, we'll then email you to let you know how much it'll cost you in termination fees.

I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'