Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part month billed for full month

peterb99
Grafter

Part month billed for full month

Merry Christmas everyone.
I only got my broadband enabled on 6th December, but I've just been charged for a full month (21st Nov to 21st Dec). Surely it should have been a pro-rate'd bill of around £10 and not £19.99?
Pete
6 REPLIES 6
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Part month billed for full month

Charges are normally taken in advance so I'd expect to see the full charge for 21st Dec 2012 to 20th Jan 2013. Have you previously paid a pro-rata bill or is it being taken retrospectively, perhaps with a discount line for the time before the service stated?
David
peterb99
Grafter

Hi,
I paid the £19.99 advance when I joined on, but the broadband wasn't activated until 6th December.  I haven't received a pro-rata discount though.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

In that case it does seem that you've been billed incorrectly. You could raise a ticket using the Help Assistant and follow path Customer Services ->  Billing & Payment > I Have Been Billed Incorrectly or wait until the staff are here again on Thursday.
David
Bjn
Grafter

I've had a similar thing re billing regarding my telephone part of my account,
Broadband connected on 16th Nov
Telephone service line rental and anytime calls transferred 30th Nov
But billed for the full month from 16th Nov for both broadband and telephone services. I thought there would have been a part refund in Dec 16th bill for unused part of previous months telephone services but no again a full monthly payment for both services charged. I telephoned billing but got no joy, I don't think the guy understood the fact telephone services connected 15 days after the start of billing period. Have today raised a ticket 63857501 regarding this overcharging,hopefully Billing can correct this for 16th Jan bill.
I full understand they charge a month in advance but when the service is only provided for part of a month the charge should be pro rota.  Huh
peterb99
Grafter

I raised a ticket (thanks Spraxyt).
I've got a reply confirming that I will be refunded £9.33.  Great service as normal so I'm happy.
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Glad to hear the ticket approach was successful. Smiley
David