cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part cancellation of contract costs

FIXED
Geoffg59

Part cancellation of contract costs

I currently have a 2 year broadband/phone package that is due for renewal in early December 2019.

My download speed is 1.2 Mb on a sunny day with the wind behind it but can be around 0.9Mb. In short it is rubbish !

This however is no fault of Plusnet, it is just the way it is currently. I have been holding on in the hope that allegedly on-going exchange upgrade works would finally deliver me a fibre connection but sadly the wait goes on.

It seems I may well qualify for BDUK voucher that would allow me to install a 4g system and achieve a download speed above 10Mb (well above that allegedly).

Can anyone advise me what financial penalty I would be due to pay if I wished to cancel the broadband element of my package but continue with the landline rental & calls (is that even possible ?)

Just trying explore my options and get a reasonable internet connection before I expire ....my time is running out fast !

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Part cancellation of contract costs

I believe that Plusnet do not provide landline without broadband

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing speed problems due to the length of your line. I've just tested your line to see if there's anything we can to do improve on this but it looks like your line is performing at the maximum it can achieve. Sad

It looks like your line speed is capped at 1.1mbps which is a sacrifice to keep your line stable, that's within the current expectations of your line of between 0.25mbps and 1.5mbps.

I've also checked the prospect of fibre availability in your area and there doesn't seem to be any plans. Unfortunately while it'd be sad to lose you as a customer, your best bet I'd say is to go for the BDUK offer that gets you 4G.

If you want to go down this path and cancel your broadband contract this also means that we won't be able to continue to provide you with a landline service as we don't do phone only packages anymore (for the last 5 years at least) I'm afraid.

You'd need to go to a phone only provider requesting that they takeover your line porting your telephone number out, then contact us on 0800 013 2632 to cease your broadband service and close your account. 

I've created support ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=191015485 on your account adding more detail regarding the contract side of things, which I hope this helps. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Geoffg59

Many thanks for your reply and information it is very helpful. Rest assured I shall be sorry to leave.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet