Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part Month Refunds

FIXED
Xanadu_2
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Part Month Refunds

My contract comes to an end today - I think - and I'm fairly sure that the broadband service is paid for each month in advance? So, if I transfer the connection part way through the month will I get a refund for the unused part.

If the answer is yes, will that refund be for both broadband and line rental.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Part Month Refunds

Fix

I think I'm right in saying that PN require out-of-contract customers to give 14 days' notice of their intention to migrate, and take the date your new ISP advises them of your migration request as your notice.  Yes, you will get a refund for the unused part of your last monthly payment to PN.  It's usually advisable to leave your DD in place so that this refund can be credited to your bank account.  And yes, the refund applies to both products.

Warning:  Do not give PN notice that you are leaving yourself, let your new provider do that or you might encounter all kinds of problems!

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Xanadu_2,

Just to confirm, if you are in a rolling monthly contract and you wish to cancel your account then both the broadband and line rental services that were paid for but not used will be refunded to you on a pro-rata basis. I hope this helps, but if you have any further queries about this process then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to assist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Xanadu_2
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

@Jonpe wrote:
Warning:  Do not give PN notice that you are leaving yourself, let your new provider do that or you might encounter all kinds of problems!

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I wasn't sure if I had to notify PN either verbally or in writing as well.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Xanadu_2,

If you decide to go to another provider than they should handle the switching of your services. Any final fees are then calculated and billed up to the date services cease.

Of course, you can also contact our Customer Options Team to see whether we can offer anything competitive for you, on 0800 013 2632 between:

08:00 and 20:00 Monday - Friday
09:00 and 19:00 Saturday
09:00 and 18:00 Sunday

Thanks - LF