Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper Billing?

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Paper Billing?

Hi,
My mum is on TalkTalk essentials TV package and she pays £1.90 to receive a paper bill - a bit excessive to print and 2nd class stamp!
Anyway TT are putting the prices up very harshly from £15.95 line rental to £16.70 and Anytime calls from £5 to £7.50! She also pays £8.50 for her unlimited broadband and TV package.
Now she doesn't use the YouView box - so I sold for around £50 and gave the proceeds to her minus the seller fee costs.
So she would just get the extremely basic package (whatever the cheapest + Anytime Calls) I believe that package is Unlimited Broadband and Calls.  The total would be £23.45 with the anytime calls then increases to £7.49 - so totaling £30.94 (This is the same price as my fibre package???)
So getting back to my question - would she be able to get paper billing as she doesn't have a computer and she wouldn't use her broadband.  She NEEDS the paper bills.
Plus she would get £75 cashback (hopefully)
Thanks
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Paper Billing?

No she can't
Why don't you print off her bills and post them to her
I don't understand your numbers - is she in a Market A area
If so I don't know what discount she would get but on a Market B is would be way cheaper  at £2.50 per month plus Line Rental saver plus £5 for anytime calls
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

She is on the same exchange as I am.
The price as follows
Unlimited Broadband + Calls = £2.50
Anytime Calls (inc line rental) = £20.95
Total = £23.45 (for first 12 months)
After 12 months it increases by £7.49 (end of special offer) = £30.94
Sorry for not giving it a full in depth on pricing
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Oldjim
Resting Legend

So for 12 months taking LRS it would be £2.50 + £5 + £12.99 = £20.49 and after 12 months she could screw another deal out of them or move provider
A more pertinent question is who would use the broadband if she wouldn't and if it is you on the occasional visits are there more cost effective options
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

It would be family relatives who go there every few weeks or so.
Looking at phone only products (pn no longer offer these) it's around £20 with any time calls and line rental so broadband with the package isn't that much and will provide my son who may go there if I'm away and she'd look after him.
TalkTalk will offer a good deal (without a doubt) trying to keep my mum. But so far they've charged her £80 innocently as she kept dialling 118 numbers (thinking they were cheap or free) not TalkTalk were sympathetic but they didn't warn her.
She relies on her phone and if she does indeed switch then it will have to be quick and no problems as it will have a domino effect. Also she must keep her number as she has had it for nearly 55 years!
NE
Oldjim
Resting Legend

She should be able to keep it but there is a chance that she won't knowing Talk Talk
Plusnet wouldn't warn her about 118118 either
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi NorthEasterner
Sounds like your mum is having a bit of a rough time at the moment Sad
We don't do paper billing however the full invoice is available online as well as itemised phone bill which updates regularly. Is she able to print them off every month?
If she wanted to keep her number, we would place a number import order before we request to take over the line. This normally goes through without any problems however with any transfer of provider, it is possible that a number can be lost. We would do out best to make sure this didn't happen.
Regarding the dialling of 118118, this is a very expensive service and we wouldn't pro-actively warn her when she is making that call. As she has the internet, is she able to search for the number online?
Let me know if you've got any more queries about thsi.
Alex Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: alexdevine
however the full invoice is available online as well as itemised phone bill which updates regularly. Is she able to print them off every month?

Quote from: alexdevine
As she has the internet, is she able to search for the number online?

Quote from: NorthEasterner
as she doesn't have a computer and she wouldn't use her broadband.

Roll_eyes
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AlexD
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks for that jelv. Sorry, my bad there.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex D
 Plusnet Help Team