cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid for house move, but also charged termination fee. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Can that be right?

rocuronium

Paid for house move, but also charged termination fee. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Can that be right?

Moved home a week ago and requested with the home move team to take my broadband/phone line to new property.   I was charged £65 fee for the move, and the process started.

There was a cease on the line to the 2nd July by Sky who wouldn’t realise it earlier to my sellers, so after a follow up call yesterday Plusnet are now onto it.

I got my bill today, and I have been charged over £70 line termination fee (the house move fee is on there and showing as paid), I have 5 months left on contract, so the amount would be correct but surely I don’t pay a termination fee as well as paying for home move and continuing contract in new address?

Thoughts and advice please?  Thanks.

Confused 🤔 

3 REPLIES 3
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Paid for house move, but also charged termination fee. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Can that be right?

@rocuronium  If you are continuing the contract at your new address then you pay a fee for the move presumably the £65. I can't actually find this figure in the Plusnet price list which rather unhelpfully says contact support for prices.☹️  There should be no termination fee as you are not leaving your contract. Is the £70 charge actually called  "Line Termination Fee"? Not sure what that is but you shouldn't be paying it. I guess the wonderful Plusnet billing system has got it all wrong again.🙄

I'm sure a staff member will sort it for you.

rocuronium

Re: Paid for house move, but also charged termination fee. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Can that be right?

yes it states line rental termination.   I agree it’s probably a billing error, not sure whether to contact support or just wait a month to see if corrected and repaid back to me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @rocuronium and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to see we've charged you a termination fee and how we've handled your house move order.

I'll arrange for the incorrect charges to be refunded back to you once the payment clears. 

I've also placed an order to reactivate the stopped phone line at your new address, which should go through within 24 hours. Once reactivated, I'll place another order to activate broadband as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet